Rear Clip positioning, gap and measurement

Paul T.

Supporter
Positioning rear clip, have the spider placed at the front and the b pillars and the rockers pushed back. When I line the wheel well opening up with the rockers I end up with a 1/2 to 3/4 inch gap between the spider and rear clip. 2nd owner of the car and believe it’s just short or been trimmed to much. Just like someone to confirm measurement of your clip. Maybe I’m missing something, but I believe it’s short. RCR Mark I
FAC4AF69-E4A0-4F28-A610-98A46DCF3EBA.jpeg

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
If you look on my website on the link below in my signature - you'll find a number of issues and my solutions on fitting the Mk1 body from RCR. The left side of the car is actually shorter than the right side. I think I got that disparity down to 5/8" but I don't remember for sure. It might be in my build log or in Mitch Krause's build log (my GT was sold to Mitch). It sounds worse than it is - but it takes a lot of time and effort to get things right.

Paul T.

Supporter
If you look on my website on the link below in my signature - you'll find a number of issues and my solutions on fitting the Mk1 body from RCR. The left side of the car is actually shorter than the right side. I think I got that disparity down to 5/8" but I don't remember for sure. It might be in my build log or in Mitch Krause's build log (my GT was sold to Mitch). It sounds worse than it is - but it takes a lot of time and effort to get things right.
Thanks, will take a look.

Back