Registration and insurance

Michael Fling

Supporter
As I do more planning, I was hoping to get a little feedback on registration and insurance. I live in Oklahoma. Is it difficult to get the car to the street? Also, where is the best place to turn for insurance for the car? Any estimates on annual expenses for insurance? Thanks everyone for all of your help and input to a novice at this adventure...

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Don't know about OK registration, but for insurance, Midwest Classic Insurance (Midwest Classic Insurance) specializes in kit cars. They're quite reasonable, don't require an appraisal, and have great customer service.

Pete

Also, where is the best place to turn for insurance for the car? Any estimates on annual expenses for insurance? Thanks everyone for all of your help and input to a novice at this adventure...

I ended going with American Modern directly. There's a thread about non-replica insurance on the SLC side...I'll look for the link.

I think you can figure on $700-$1000 annually for a limited mileage/use policy.

Michael Fling

Supporter
Thanks- getting fired up. I leave for Detroit Thursday for a Friday show and tell at Fran's. I swear I didn't realize it was on Valentines. I promised my wife a soft drink and a bag of peanuts in exchange for an SLC.

I promised my wife a soft drink and a bag of peanuts in exchange for an SLC.

Reminds me of the joke about the old-money New Englander and the new-money software whiz discussing what they were getting their wives for their birthdays. Old Money says, "I like to cover the bases--I got my wife TWO presents: a new Mercedes sports car, and a full-length Russian sable coat. We have several cars, but no sports car yet. She's a competent driver, but not what you'd call a car enthusiast. If she decides she doesn't like driving a sports car, she can wrap herself in that soft fur coat."

New Money nods his head in agreement. "I use exactly the same approach. We have a nicely outfitted kitchen, although it doesn't have EVERY type of appliance in it. Now, realize that although my wife cooks, she's no gourmet chef. So for HER birthday, I'm giving her a brand new Oster blender, and a dildo."

JR

I bet registation is similar to TX. they want to 1st inspect for serial numbers on the engine and tranny to make sure theyre not stolen. Then a 2nd office gives you a registration and the #'s to stamp intot he frame, then a temp tag to have inspected, then tags after inspection. Nice thing, no 5.25% tax on the sale, just $15.

i went with anpac insurance around $950/year. They have a local office in Denton

Back