Registration of gt40 in CA

finally! ordered my rcr gt40 in feb. any clues on what i have to do to register this in CA? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Get the info from DMV on registering under the SB100 regulations and use the body style year (1965) option. Don't use the engine year! You will only have a few hours on January 1st (or first work day of the year) to do this, as they run out of the alloted slots quickly.

Your car has to running before you can register it. Get a temp registration from DMV, Highway Patrol has to give you a vin number, a state smog test station has to test your car and then issue an exemption and you need a Brake and Lamp certification,have insurance in place. All must be done by the end of the year and then you need a sympathetic DMV person(mine was on the phone to Sacramento at 8:00 am on jan 2 2005). I received cert #6, they were all gone by the end of jan 3rd.
Good luck and may the Force be with you!

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
David -

Actually the car does not need to be running to get an SB100 number....the DMV will then give you multiple "Temporary" tags until the car is running....(I got three - nine months worth).

The car does have to be running in order to get through the BAR SMOG test and the Brake and Lamp inspection, obviously.

Pat

Back