Renault 21 Turbo Gearbox --> Chevy V8 Engine

Newbie on here........quick question for people in the know.

Where would I source a replacement bellhousing or adaptor plate to mate a Renault 21 Turbo transaxle to a Chevy V8 engine - also how much are these - is it an item that I'm likely to pick up 2nd hand??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers

Lee

...sorry guys - forgot to add - its a small block Chevy VB - prob 350 version.

Cheers

There is a custom one piece bellhousing available from SB Chevy to renault 21 - check with Chris Cole @ Mach 1 transmissions : 01952 222155

Keith

Ever thought about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 49865-BlueOval.png
    49865-BlueOval.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 701

Keith

Plenty of parts available to mate with Ford motors, that's all. Sorry, didn't mean to throw you a curve ball.

Aaaah! Gotcha....sorry my head was elsewhere!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'm listening though......I take it you are meaning that conversion parts are more readily available used? I think the only problem I might have is that the Ford V8 blocks are longer than the Chevys & I'm struggling for space already!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Keith

No problem. This site is VERY Ford oriented though! It's a kind of purist thing with GT40 etc. There's no doubt that the Chevy small block is the most prolific motor in the whole wide world and there are many more, and cheaper, parts available for it than any other flavour. Strangely, and mainly because of the GT40 (and allied spin-offs) enthusiasm that grows and grows, there are more ways to mate a Ford to a.n. other transaxle than almost every other engine make put together. The exception is (was) Formula 5000, when Chevy 302 mated to Hewland boxes was the only way to go. This is also to do with the fact that Ford were extremely active in serious multi class international racing in the "good old days". Good luck with your project. Spill the beans! What exactly are you planning? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fair enough.....now that I know I'm amongst Ford enthusiasts...I dont dare spill my project beans!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Keith

Go on! We've all got a sense of humour! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Plus, we are all performance nuts - whatever the engine/car combo. Yes, that is a 600hp Chevy V8 powered (road legal) Chevette to the left! Believe me, it takes Grande Cojones to hang on to it up the 1/4 mile!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Ok...ok...!!! I'll give you a clue....one of the parts I was enquiring about wont move from its factory place!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well shes already got x-drilled & grooved front & rear disks - green stuff pads - but yes I'm on the lookout for some better calipers at some point. Standard brakes are quite good anyway (with SBS) but I know what you are getting at - extra weight etc - will be mainly used on the strip to be honest anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back