Renault 21 Turbo Gearbox With All Quaife Upgrades

MWGT40

Supporter
I am selling my Renault 21 Turbo gearbox which has been completely reconditioned by Chris Cole at Mach I Transmissions and has the Quaife LSD (limited slip differential) fitted as well as the syncho modifications. Price for this on unit on its own = £1,000.

In addition to the above, I am also offering the Derek Bell conversion, brand new and unused. If you do not know what this is, take a look under the transmission part of the forum or read a review in the latest GTD Car Club magazine. Basically, using mainly custom built parts from Quaife, it strengthens the box considerably to deal with the high torque loads of our GT40 engines. Nearly all the competitors in the GTD Championship now run with this modification to their gearboxes. It also increases first gear by about 14% and second gear by about 6%, gaining the car about 80ft against a standard box in a typical 1/4 mile sprint (estimate by Roy Smart, GTD Club Chairman). This is offered at cost - which is £1,725. These units are only manufactured periodically by Quaife so the next set is unlikely to be available for at least a year and subject to sufficient numbers being ordered to make a run viable.

For those interested in taking both the box and the Derek Bell conversion, the price is £2,500, not bad for a box that can take in excess of 500BHP and 425ft/lb of torque and fits easily into a GT40 replica!

So why am I selling? Because I have decided to go for originality on my car. I have just bought those great Italian 48 IDA Webers that were for sale on the forum and am now going to get a ZF as well.

Martin

Re: Renault 21 Turbo Gearbox With All Quaife Upgra

Hi Martin, I'm very interested in the box ,I've e-mailed you privately.

Back