Roof louvre vents on MkII's

There is a rectangular louvre vent plate in the back center of the roof on MkII's. I would like to include this feature on my car. It looks a lot like an air grille often used in the construction / marine industry.

Has anyone info on the original source or better still the dimensions of the actual panel? I could then get one made up.

Any help appreciated

Steve

As in this?

Attachments

• mkIIvent.JPG
    mkIIvent.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 745
Paul

It certainly is, thats a very nice photo this was the best I had!

Is the car original? It is often not easy to tell. I could estimate the size but some original dimensions would be a great start

Steve

Attachments

• MkII roof vent2.jpg
    MkII roof vent2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 717
SteveB,
I have one that measures 9" X 6 1/4" . I'm in the process of casting a mould to make them out of fiberglass or carbon.
Ted Baird has or had a couple of aluminum panels. They might be for sale. His tel.# is 330-533-6056

Gregg

Thanks for your help on sourcing this part, it's better than I expected to find and looks just like the original cars from the pictures in books I have. It will look the business!!

Steve

Attachments

• Low res roof vent.jpg
    Low res roof vent.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 534

Devin

Supporter
If anyone is interested in another one, I have one I may part with.

I found one on Ebay over a year ago and bought it thinking I might use it but am thinking against it. Not only that, but I am still a long ways from those sort of decisions when I am still working at sourcing/buying my chassis.

PM me if any interest.

Devin

Wolfman said:
If anyone is interested in another one, I have one I may part with.

I found one on Ebay over a year ago and bought it thinking I might use it but am thinking against it. Not only that, but I am still a long ways from those sort of decisions when I am still working at sourcing/buying my chassis.

PM me if any interest.

Devin

Devin, your PM limit is reached, so can't send you a PM.
Give me a PM about the roof vent please when you've cleared your mailbox ;)

I'm getting ready to finish and install the Plexiglass in my RCR. I remember reading some threads concerning this. Obviously I want to avoid any cracking in the Plexiglass so I would like to now what screw's would be the best to use for this job? I would like to use something I could remove if I need to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Vaughn

Back