SL-C owners in the Dallas area?

I'm trying to figure out if I'm nuts or not and if the SL-C is something I'd actually enjoy driving on a regular basis. I enjoy building things, with a background in metal machining, fabrication and welding, and going fast - last bike was a Kawasaki ZX14R, which should really be classified as a rocket booster on wheels.

I've been wanting to build a kit car for years now and finally have the space and budget. The Superlite SL-C is something I've looked at off and on over the last few years and before I go ordering things and spending who knows how long building - I want to make sure that the car I've seen is actually something that would be enjoyable to use on a daily basis.

I've been in some street legal track cars that were a blast to drive for about an hour, but after that, it became a bit of a beating - and this is from a guy who commuted on a sport bike five days a week for over four years straight - winter, Dallas summers, traffic jams, rain, you name it - so my tolerance for "not perfectly comfortable" is fairly high, but not infinite.

Are there any SL-C owners in the Dallas TX area that would be up for taking some random gearhead for a drive so I can see firsthand what a SL-C is like? Lunch is on me!

There are several - search for Dallas on here and you'll find at least one thread not too long ago where the Dallas guys were planning a meet up.

I've PM'd a few of the local guys to see their cars but my schedule has been too busy to make it happen.

I’m in Dallas area. Actually in Fairview (Between Allen and McKinney). Don’t get on the forums regularly. You can call/text me on NineSeventyTwo 529-8190.

I have contacts for other DFW owners.

Back