slc front sway bar

slc sway bar 002.JPG
slc sway bar 003.JPG
slc sway bar 004.JPG
slc sway bar 001.JPG

This is what we came up with for a front sway bar better to do it now then later. bar is speedway engineering 34'' 155lb on a 10'' arm starting with the softest possible............m

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Looks like you definitely have a challenging setup there. Can't tell positively from the photos, but it appears the three setting will net very little change in the torsional torque applied. With the arms turned outward, and nearly parallel with the centerline of the bar, the adjusting holes may no longer translate to a reduced radius of the arm.

Have you considered a longer bar that sits instead above and behind the suspension, on top of the tub box, where you can improve the arm geometry? I know you've already invested a lot of work in this, but it may give you a more effective setup to tune the car with. They are 37.5" long, which would allow a couple more inches, and would allow the mounting points to be close to the vertical walls of the box (strength). Just some thoughts. I used the splined NASCAR bars on my project (hollow ones) and love the adjustability, but you'll need the arm configuration to take full advantage of that.

Last edited:
Terry thanks for the input and you are correct. I did consider all of what you are saying and the bars ratings are figured at 90 degrees . The three holes at the angle I ended up with will give minimum change if any at all. The way I have it set is to swap the bars out. I can do it w/o even removing the tires this is why I pushed the bar as far forward as I did with my brackets. I start with the softest bar and so far this set up has worked great on 4 cars that I have done. I don't have as many bars in this length but they are not expensive so that's a plus I think. I did briefly look at setting the bar on top of the tub and with the body in place it did not look possible. I am going to have to re-install the body for the back bar placement as it looks to be an even tighter set up.................m

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I started out with a 3/4" bar in the rear, and a 7/8" in front, left the rear one alone, but increased the front in 1/16" increments to where I'm at with a 1" bar on the front that still allows +/- adjustment, but I'm sure yours will be different.

Last edited:
That tub is so solid. And the rack and pinion mount crossmember just makes it even stiffer. I like the way you can swap out the bars easily to tune in the car.

Thanks Dusty! I saw that you are changing the gears on the grazziano. I may have to look into that as I am not sure how well the factory set up is going to work. It was nice to see someone post all of that! good work, that seems like a challenge not for the faint of heart......................m

Back