***SOLD FOR SALE ERA GT40 – *SOLD

ERA GT40 – SMALL BLOCK FORD 331 – ZF 5 SPEED – WEBER 48IDA – AVONS

ERA GT40 DONT COME UP VERY OFTEN AND SHE IS A GOOD CAR SO IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR ONE IT SHOULD BE LOOKED AT.

TITLED AS A 1966 FORD GT - ERA 2064 ASSEMBLED BY ERA IN THE 1990’S FOR THEIR CUSTOMER AND PER THE OWNER OF ERA, PETER THE CAR HAD SOME ONE OFF FEATURE’S LIKE A WINDSHIELD THAT WAS THINNER THAN THE REST AND IT WAS A TOP NOTCH BUILD.

WEIGHTED ON A CAT CERTIFIED SCALE – FULL GAS TANKS 2680 POUNDS [ NO DRIVER] WITH AXLE WEIGHTS OF 1100 front and 1580 rear
ENGINE BUILT BY DANBURY COMPETITION ENGINES, DANBURY CONN.
Engine built by Danbury Competition Engines AND SHE RUNS
  • Ford SVO block with 4-bolt main
  • 331ci stroker kit
  • forged 10:1 compression pistons
  • Custom grind camshafts
  • 1:60-1 roller rocker arms Ford
  • Windsor JR Cylinder heads (Cast iron, per original GT40)
  • Double valve springs
  • Seat and valve machining performed for improved flow
  • Aviaid 7 qt low profile oil pan
  • Stainless steel 1.94
  • ” intake and 1.60” exhaust valves
  • Snow White water pump
  • Ceramic coated 180 degree “bundle of snakes” headers – into mufflers that are empty. It sounds just right.
COBRA VALVE COVERS, MOROSO OIL CATCH CAN SYSTEM AND WEBER 48IDA SIT ON TOP.
IGNITION IS MSD 6A PT# 6420 -6000 REV LIMITER CHIP – MSD BLASTER COIL –MSD STREET FIRE IGNITION WIRES AND FORD DISTRIBUTOR M12127-A304 TACH DRIVE WT GREASE FITTING [ MADE BY MSD AND THE TACH IS FEED BY WIRE].
NEWER ALUM RADIATOR WITH A PAIR OF SPAL- 643 CFM FANS
SINGLE REMOTE OIL COOLER WITH SPAL -313 CFM FAN
REMOTE OIL FILTER
ALL BRAIDED LINES WHERE NEEDED. RADIATOR OVER FLOW WITH BRAIDED LINE FOR THE OVERFLOW WITH BULKHEAD FILLING EMPTYING DIRECTLY UNDER THE TRANSMISSION
ZF TRANSMISSION SD5-25-2 006164
1ST GEAR 2.23 – 2ND 1.47 – 3RD 1.04 – 4TH 0.846 5TH 0.765 AND A DIFF RATIO 4.22
NEVER ANY ISSUES WITH THE TRANSMISSION AND IT SHIFTS VERY SMOOTH.
ENGINE OIL AND TRANS OIL CHANGED EVERY WINTER
ENGINE OIL IS AMSOIL Z-ROD 20/50 WITH A WIX OIL FILTER RACING 51515R
NO FLUID LEAKS.
END OF 2019- ALL COOLANT HOSES WERE REPLACED, STAINLESS STEEL CLAMPS, ENGINE WAS FLUSHED, THERMOSTAT REPLACED. NEW ALTERNATOR BELT INSTALLED. REASON DONE PREVENTATIVE MAINTANCE.
  • BRAKES
    • Front brakes: Chevrolet C4 Corvette aluminum brake calipers using 11.5” two-piece brake rotors with aluminum hats
    • Rear brakes: Chevrolet C4 Corvette aluminum brake calipers using 11.75” single-piece brake rotors with integral parking brake
    • Braided, Russell stainless-steel brake lines
    • Girling master cylinder with balance bar
  • Suspension
    • Spax adjustable coil over springs and dampers
    • ERA aluminum/magnesium uprights that accept standard wheel bearing for ease of servicing
    • Jig-welded tubular upper and lower control arms
  • The cockpit incorporates several GT40 details, including a suite of Stewart Warner gauges, toggle switches, and a quick release three-spoke slotted steering wheel wt ford gt emblem and custom gt shift knob
  • Leather seats feature brass grommets and are accompanied by 4-point harnesses. The car was equipped from the factory with A/C, which remains operational.
  • Staggered 15″ pin-drive Halibrand-style alloy wheels are equipped with knockoffs and are shod with Avon CR6-ZZ tires. The Avon’s were put on the car spring of 2019 and have approx. 1000 miles on them.
Semi-monocoque [STAINLESS ] chassis as original, John Wyer wide body (Gulf car style). All flares. Center section same as GT#1075. Left-hand driver position. aluminum front water pipes to replace hoses
uspension, brakes: front & rear double-adjustable shocks & springs, front & rear swaybars. Header tank (coolant expansion tank) as original. In the cockpit: Stewart Warner instrumentation, Air conditioning, heater and defroster, Leather seats as original w/grommets and fitted with seat sliders, [ driver seat only and i do have a seat slider for the pass]. Four-point seatbelts, custom sound deadening on floor and in the doors. Competition type door pulls inside door panels, black carpet, removable steering wheel, windshield washer system and wiper motor. Other particulars: rustproofing & undercoating, radiator stone guard, Deltron-painted chassis, rack & pinion steering, two cross-linked impact-resistant foam-filled tanks, fresh air brake scoops. Cibie headlamps as original, custom aluminum heat shields for underside of rear of coachwork, custom SS (stainless steel) head shielding for rear bulkhead, custom heat shielding firewall, heat shielding on upper portion of rear deck.
German 5-speed ZF 5DS gearbox as original, custom bellhousing, custom halfshafts.

THERE IS SO MUCH INFO SEE THE PICTURES AND ORIG ORDER SHEETS
LETS GET TO THE MEAT AND POTATOS, SHE RUNS AND DRIVES LIKE IT WAS DESIGNED. THE ENGINE IS SUPPOSTLY 400 HP AND THAT IS ALL YOU NEED IN THIS GIRL IF YOU WANT TO DRIVE IT. THE AC SYSTEM WORKS - WHEN YOU SLOW DOWN 30 MPH OR LESS GET STUCK IN TRAFFIC NOT SO GOOD. THE WEBERS WORK GREAT -UNLESS IT IS 90 + DEGREES AND YOU GET STUCK IN TRAFFIC THEY CAN GET TEMPERMENTAL BUT IN OVER 2000 MILES HAS NEVER LEFT ME STRANDED.
THE TRANS SHIFTS EFFORTLESS AND THE TIRES STICK LIKE GLUE.
AVONS WHICH ARE 1.5 YEARS OLD AND 1200 MILES
THE CAR HAS PIN DRIVE HALIBRANDS ON HER NOW AND A SET OF BRM 6 SPOKE [ never mounted] STYLE ACCOMPY THE CAR.
WIPER ARM AND BLADE ARE WITH THE CAR I JUST DO NOT KEEP IT ON. I HAVE BEEN OUT IN THE RAIN 2 TIMES COMING BACK AND GOING TO A CARS AND COFFEE AND WITH RAINX ON THE WINDSHIELD YOU JUST DON’T NEED IT.
ALL LIGHTS AND GUAGES WORK AS THEY SHOULD. EMERGANCY BRAKE WORKS, AND PLENTY OF MEAT ON THE BRAKE PADS.
CAR WAS ORIGIONALLY YELLOW AND OVER THE YEARS AND SINCE IT HAS BEEN DRIVEN NUMEROUS ROCK CHIPS WERE PRESENT.

THE PAINT STILL SHOWED WELL BUT I DECIDED LAST YEAR TO DO A COLOR CHANGE TO GUARDSMAN BLUE USING DUPONT CHROMABASE AND THEN 5 COATS OF CLEAR WET SANDED TO 4000 THEN POLISHED OUT. EVERYTHING THAT COULD HAVE BEEN REMOVED WAS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE WINDSHIELD AS I CONTACTED ERA AND COULD NOT GET THE THINNER WINDSCREEN SO WE DECIDED TO LEAVE IT IN. IT WAS TAPED OFF CAR WAS PREPARED AND PAINTED. THE MOLDING WAS THEN LIFTED AND PAINTED UNDERNEATH. IF I DID NOT TELL YOU- YOU MIGHT NOT SEE IT.
I HAVE THE ORIG ERA ORDER CHECK SHEET AND ERA ASSEMBLY MANUAL.
JUST TIME FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO ENJOY IT.
BELOW IS A LINK [ cut and paste if needed] TO ONE DRIVING VIDEO I WILL ATTACH MORE OR WHEN YOU GO TO THE VIDEO I HAVE A FEW VIDEOS OF THE GT40. IF YOU LOOK BACK 2 YEARS AGO [TIMELINE] THERE IS ONE OF THE CAR WHEN SHE WAS YELLOW AND I UPLOADED OVER THE WINTER 2 WHICH I HAD FROM 2 YEARS AGO AS WELL..

DID A SHORT 30 MINUTE DRIVE TODAY 5-3-2020 AND THE VIDEO IS IN THE PROCESS OF UPLOADING TO YOUTUBE SO IT SHOULD BE THERE LATER OR TOMORROW I HAVE 3 VIDEOS FROM TODAY 3 MINUTE- 7 MINUTE AND 15 MINUTE

I AM 6 FT 1 AND 260 POUNDS AND I DO FIT AND I DRIVE IT WITH THE SEAT MOVED UP 2-3 CLICKS. PRICE $125666.00. CONTACT ADAM 908-674-0244 NEW JERSEY

another video from 5-4-2020 drive no laws were broken everyone was just driving very slow from being in their home for the last few weeks sorry about the shaking

THE ERA GT40 DOES NOT COME UP FOR SALE VERY OFTEN AS THEY ARE VERY CORRECT AND ONLY ABOUT 80 WERE MADE. THIS IS A FACTORY BUILT CAR AND AN ENGINE THAT WAS BUILT BY DANBURY COMPETITION ENGINES DONT MISS THIS GIRL. THERE IS ONE OTHER ERA GT40 **SPYDER** FOR SALE AT $179,000 AND THE ONE I HAVE LISTED. OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS ONLY 2 OR 3 HAVE COME FOR SALE.

ERA Gt40 option list

The GT40 option list from 6/92 this was the original paperwork that came with the car and everything that the original owner checked off

Air conditioning heater defrost unit $3000

Assembly total labor to assemble GT less engine and transaxle miscellaneous supplies and materials to assemble GT $7800

Bellhousing custom era unit for use with small block Ford and inverted ZF transaxle $800

Door storage bin with pull cable release $200

E brake parts kit including right and left housing shoes adjusters levers and hardware $600 Engine oil cooler including adapters stainless braided lines mounting hardware cooling fan and shroud $850

Exhaust system 180 degree bundle of snakes in stainless steel $2100

Ford valve covers $200

Grommets brass grommets on seats per original race cars no extra charge on leather seats $200

Half shafts custom era units $800

Seat belt harness $250 [no longer certified]

Header tank aluminum custom unit per original $350

Headlights original style CB headlights custom fit and installed $800

Heat shield custom aluminum rear heat shield for underside of rear body $800

HPC coat suspension HPC is a very durable aluminum ceramic silver coating that protects against heat shock and abrasion includes control arms trailing arms tie rods and sway bar $1200

Jack kit includes custom hydraulic scissor jack and dead blow hammer in a custom mounting bracket $250 [have the hammer the custom bracket is in place no Jack]

Leather seats door panels and door pockets $1500

Motor mounts custom era $140

Painted chassis deltron two-part urethane paint including caulking seams $800

Pin drive system complete including steel hubs front and rear rotors front stub axles with bearings and hardware rear drive axles halibrand spinner knock-offs $6500 ALSO INCLUDED ARE SET OF BRM RIMS

Rack and pinion custom fit and modified $400

Radiator Stone guard $100

Rear flares and front center section Pearl LeMans winner gulf/JW 1075 $2000

Rustproofing and undercoating $500

Seal inside of pin drive wheels with epoxy $100

Seat track driver side only $80 [I do have a seat track for the passenger]

Speedometer cable includes 90-degree adapter and ratio adapter for Stewart Warner gauges $275

Sway bars front and rear including bar and all mounting brackets bushings and hardware $700

Throw out bearing kit with ER a bell housing $50

Tire mounted with stainless stems $1000

Water pipes custom pipes replace rubber hoses from chassis pipes to radiator in front Bay / original $250

Weber carburetor cold air box $600 windshield washers bag type with electric pump $150

Wiper motor assembly and arm $350

Total options 36,415.00 PLUS BASE PRICE 49,900. MOTOR AND TRANS NOT INCLUDES 6/92 PRICING

THE ERA GT40 DOES NOT COME UP FOR SALE VERY OFTEN AS THEY ARE VERY CORRECT AND ONLY ABOUT 80 WERE MADE. THIS IS A FACTORY BUILT CAR AND AN ENGINE THAT WAS BUILT BY DANBURY COMPETITION ENGINES DONT MISS THIS GIRL. THERE IS ONE OTHER ERA GT40 **SPYDER** FOR SALE AT $179,000 AND THE ONE I HAVE LISTED. OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS ONLY 2 OR 3 HAVE COME FOR SALE.

ERA Gt40 option list

The GT40 option list from 6/92 this was the original paperwork that came with the car and everything that the original owner checked off

Air conditioning heater defrost unit $3000

Assembly total labor to assemble GT less engine and transaxle miscellaneous supplies and materials to assemble GT $7800

Bellhousing custom era unit for use with small block Ford and inverted ZF transaxle $800

Door storage bin with pull cable release $200

E brake parts kit including right and left housing shoes adjusters levers and hardware $600 Engine oil cooler including adapters stainless braided lines mounting hardware cooling fan and shroud $850

Exhaust system 180 degree bundle of snakes in stainless steel $2100

Ford valve covers $200

Grommets brass grommets on seats per original race cars no extra charge on leather seats $200

Half shafts custom era units $800

Seat belt harness $250 [no longer certified]

Header tank aluminum custom unit per original $350

Headlights original style CB headlights custom fit and installed $800

Heat shield custom aluminum rear heat shield for underside of rear body $800

HPC coat suspension HPC is a very durable aluminum ceramic silver coating that protects against heat shock and abrasion includes control arms trailing arms tie rods and sway bar $1200

Jack kit includes custom hydraulic scissor jack and dead blow hammer in a custom mounting bracket $250 [have the hammer the custom bracket is in place no Jack]

Leather seats door panels and door pockets $1500

Motor mounts custom era $140

Painted chassis deltron two-part urethane paint including caulking seams $800

Pin drive system complete including steel hubs front and rear rotors front stub axles with bearings and hardware rear drive axles halibrand spinner knock-offs $6500 ALSO INCLUDED ARE SET OF BRM RIMS

Rack and pinion custom fit and modified $400

Radiator Stone guard $100

Rear flares and front center section Pearl LeMans winner gulf/JW 1075 $2000

Rustproofing and undercoating $500

Seal inside of pin drive wheels with epoxy $100

Seat track driver side only $80 [I do have a seat track for the passenger]

Speedometer cable includes 90-degree adapter and ratio adapter for Stewart Warner gauges $275

Sway bars front and rear including bar and all mounting brackets bushings and hardware $700

Throw out bearing kit with ER a bell housing $50

Tire mounted with stainless stems $1000

Water pipes custom pipes replace rubber hoses from chassis pipes to radiator in front Bay / original $250

Weber carburetor cold air box $600 windshield washers bag type with electric pump $150

Wiper motor assembly and arm $350

Total options 36,415.00 PLUS BASE PRICE 49,900. MOTOR AND TRANS NOT INCLUDES 6/92 PRICING

Hey mate. Your add doesn’t make a lot of sense. Its says it comes with a small block Ford motor, then says it doesnt come with engine and trans. Are you offering it at the base price, and then a second option with everything listed? Or its base lrice plus extas total cost only? Photos would also help buyers make decisions.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
He put a link to 185 pictures in his very first post.
If I understand post 6 correctly, he was trying to say what the base car, plus options cost in 1992.
"The GT40 option list from 6/92 this was the original paperwork that came with the car and everything that the original owner checked off "
Then on top of that he purchased a motor and transmission also. That is my take on the ad. I could be completely off however. I'm sure he will chime in soon.

Regards Brian

He put a link to 185 pictures in his very first post.
If I understand post 6 correctly, he was trying to say what the base car, plus options cost in 1992.
"The GT40 option list from 6/92 this was the original paperwork that came with the car and everything that the original owner checked off "
Then on top of that he purchased a motor and transmission also. That is my take on the ad. I could be completely off however. I'm sure he will chime in soon.

Regards Brian
When I looked at the add today, the original post/add didnt show, just the abbreviated text I replied to. Not sure why. Now I see

as I said the ERA gt40 option list was from 6-92 and was what the orig customer checked off when he was having the car built. So go to the orig and first posting with full description and there is a link in the first posting and here it is again . you might have to copy and paste it. And it does have a motor and trans

Sorry not to respond earlier as I did not have some of my preferences boxs checked off so I was not getting notifications when you asked questions. About 15 pictures of the undercarriage were added today as well the the picture album.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Chuck, Adam hasn’t logged back on the forum since June 5, 2020. Perhaps whoever purchased it might chime in. Good Luck.

Regards Brian

Attachments

• B8544ACC-A02E-48B6-A135-C9001DDD7BAC.png
    B8544ACC-A02E-48B6-A135-C9001DDD7BAC.png
    223 KB · Views: 185
Back