Spelling, grammar and punktuation...

Yesterday, whilst being somewhat in my cups, I berated Damian (Trader) for his poor spelling.

Here's my justification:-

If we all write A SENTENCE as it pours out of our minds without the requisite need for a reasonable assessment for spelling grammar and punctuation then WE RUN THE RISK of being overly verbose whilst missing our tartget I didn't get where I am today by missing my target said CJ to Reginald and then we can OVER USE THE CAPITAL LETTER which means that it loses its punch as WE EXPECT IT TO BE COMING RIGHT AFTER SOME lower case words I'm really struggling to not put a full stop (or period if you are from over the pond) on the end here now as it's in my blood don't you know AAH I HAVE TO DO IT.

Phew...

My point is this:-

Damian, I apologise for ripping the shit out of your spelling when there were other more important things that needed to be debated.

However, There is a good lesson to be learnt from good writing skills, and (for me at least) it is the fact that in reviewing a post a couple of times before finally posting it, I get to check the contents of said post. This give me a chance to work out if I am being a twat, or if I am making some form of cohesive point etc...

Cheers,

Graham.

Last edited:
Yesterday, whilst being somewhat in my cups, I berated Damian (Trader) for his poor spelling.

Here's my justification:-

If we all write A SENTENCE as it pours out of our minds without the requisite need for a reasonable assessment for spelling grammar and punctuation then WE RUN THE RISK of being overly verbose whilst missing our tartget I didn't get where I am today by missing my target said CJ to Reginald and then we can OVER USE THE CAPITAL LETTER which means that it loses its punch as WE EXPECT IT TO BE COMING RIGHT AFTER SOME lower case words I'm really struggling to not put a full stop (or period if you are from over the pond) on the end here now as it's in my blood don't you know AAH I HAVE TO DO IT.

Phew...

My point is this:-

Damian, I apologise for ripping the shit out of your spelling when there were other more important things that needed to be debated.

However, There is a good lesson to be learnt from good writing skills, and (for me at least) it is the fact that in reviewing a post a couple of times before finally posting it, I get to check the contents of said post. This gives me a chance to work out if I am being a twat, or if I am making some form of cohesive point etc...

Cheers,

Graham.

I think you forgot an 's'....

Sorry - couldn't resist and hell, this is the paddock....:thumbsup:

ose whilst missing our tartget I didn't get where I am today by missing my target said

Cheers,

Graham.

If your aim was to get a tart then you were in the wrong paddock!

However many years of experience have shown that most paddocks if well utilised are as this one often is...full of shit...... but given a few days that shit will break down thru natural causes & thru various process's wlll eventually support the generation & further proliferation of said shit...

cheers

If your aim was to get a tart then you were in the wrong paddock!

However many years of experience have shown that most paddocks if well utilised are as this one often is...full of shit...... but given a few days that shit will break down thru natural causes & thru various process's wlll eventually support the generation & further proliferation of said shit...

cheers

Jac.... You are the second prize winner today :)

You mean like this: -

In the beginning was the Plan.
And then came the Assumptions.
And the Assumptions were without form.
And darkness was upon the face of the Workers.
And they spoke among themselves, saying, "It is a crock of shit, and it stinketh."
And the workers went unto their Supervisors and said, "It is a pail of dung, and none may abide the odour thereof."
And the Supervisors went unto their Managers, saying, "It is a container of excrement, and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it."
And the Managers went unto their Directors, saying, "It is a vessel of fertiliser, and none may abide its strength."
And the Directors spoke amongst themselves, saying one to another, "It contains that which aids plant growth, and it is very strong."
And the Directors then went onto the Vice Presidents, saying unto them, "It promotes growth and is very powerful."
And the Vice Presidents went unto the President, saying unto him, "This new plan will actively promote the growth and vigour of the company; with powerful effects."
And the President looked upon the Plan, and saw that it was good.
And the Plan became Policy.
This is How Shit Happens.

Cheers,

Graham.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Jac.... You are the second prize winner today :)

You mean like this: -

In the beginning was the Plan.
And then came the Assumptions.
And the Assumptions were without form.
And darkness was upon the face of the Workers.
And they spoke among themselves, saying, "It is a crock of shit, and it stinketh."
And the workers went unto their Supervisors and said, "It is a pail of dung, and none may abide the odour thereof."
And the Supervisors went unto their Managers, saying, "It is a container of excrement, and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it."
And the Managers went unto their Directors, saying, "It is a vessel of fertiliser, and none may abide its strength."
And the Directors spoke amongst themselves, saying one to another, "It contains that which aids plant growth, and it is very strong."
And the Directors then went onto the Vice Presidents, saying unto them, "It promotes growth and is very powerful."
And the Vice Presidents went unto the President, saying unto him, "This new plan will actively promote the growth and vigour of the company; with powerful effects."
And the President looked upon the Plan, and saw that it was good.
And the Plan became Policy.
This is How Shit Happens.

Cheers,

Graham.

EXCELLENT! Yes this is in all caps.

Ah the wisdom of a true cow cockey
onya Jac
cheers John

And then there was Timothy Dexter, a man of poor education who became one of America's first entrepreneurial successes. He made a mockery of those who tried to do it to him first and wrote a book.

...(from wiki)...

At the age of 50 he decided to write a book about himself - A Pickle for the Knowing Ones or Plain Truth in a Homespun Dress. He wrote about himself and complained about politicians, clergy and his wife. The book contained 8,847 words and 33,864 letters, but absolutely no punctuation, and capital letters were sprinkled about at random. At first he handed his book out for free, but it rapidly became popular and ran into eight editions in total. When people complained that it was hard to read, for the second edition he added an extra page - 13 lines of punctuation marks - asking readers to "peper and solt it as they plese".

Back