Stainless flex hose

Not sure what you are talking about, please explain.
it comes in lengths that it can be done in1 piece instead of 4/5 couplers
2E9125E8-9020-488C-A35A-5F42866838D8.jpeg

Howard Jones

Supporter
You mean for coolant right? If used for complete system coolant in a mid-engine car with a nose radiator I would say no. I think that that kind of pipe will have just about the maximum amount of flow restriction possible, coupled with the extreme length of the system, the majority of the coolant volume located below the pump inlet on most V8 mechanical WPs, and the inherently problematic impeller speed/inefficiently issue. I wouldn't do it.

I would use an electric water pump, as few 90-degree turns as possible (two 45s spread apart a couple of inches would be less restrictive), and mount the pump as low as possible in the car with the cool outlet as close to the engine coolant in ports as possible. Plump in an expansion tank with the inlet to the tank right at the pump inlet, and a complete self-bleed system including the radiator tops and the rear of the heads that return air in the system right back to the top of the header tank.

If not for coolant then................what? Never seen it used for engine oil, and all that's left is the AC system, hummmm maybe.............. and brakes......... NFW!

You mean for coolant right? If used for complete system coolant in a mid-engine car with a nose radiator I would say no. I think that that kind of pipe will have just about the maximum amount of flow restriction possible, coupled with the extreme length of the system, the majority of the coolant volume located below the pump inlet on most V8 mechanical WPs, and the inherently problematic impeller speed/inefficiently issue. I wouldn't do it.

I would use an electric water pump, as few 90-degree turns as possible (two 45s spread apart a couple of inches would be less restrictive), and mount the pump as low as possible in the car with the cool outlet as close to the engine coolant in ports as possible. Plump in an expansion tank with the inlet to the tank right at the pump inlet, and a complete self-bleed system including the radiator tops and the rear of the heads that return air in the system right back to the top of the header tank.

If not for coolant then................what? Never seen it used for engine oil, and all that's left is the AC system, hummmm maybe.............. and brakes......... NFW!
Yes coolant. was thinking of using To connect motor to coolant tubes in tunnel. Roughly 30” piece but I’m just going to do it out of aluminum aswell. I’m not crazy about doing it in all silicone couplers.

I don't like them. Can't really put a hard firm reason to it other that a visceral reaction. I agree with Howard that they would have to be the most restrictive of all types with the corrugation. But for a short piece that would otherwise have 4 different bends and 8 silicone to tube joints like what it'll take to get from the tunnel to the water pump intake, I can see it being the lesser of 2 evils.

Back