Start of Production? Any new data on timing?

the last definitive-sounding data i've seen was from "Mark IV" posted in early february that production would start 04/29/04 with first vehicles hitting dealers "by june".

this seems optimistic based on the random data i've seen floating around.

i've talked to a couple of the largest ford dealers (folks in whatever that top 100 dealers thingy) and while they clearly don't have any more data than we do, they don't appear to be expecting to see a GT until august, maybe late july.

anybody have any updated, official or semi-official data?

doody!

fyi - here's the wixom plant - i don't see any GTs yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

a01wixom1.jpg

doody!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Official "Job 1" date is still April 29. Understand that that on the 29th there may not be completed car coming off the "line". With ramp-up I would expect the plant to be at 50% daily rate within a month of so, perhaps sooner as the daily rate is a frction of what the Lincoln line at Wixom runs. First cars will be VERY well inspected so I stick by my prediction that first cars will arrive at dealers late May/early June. No real volume until late Summer I would guess.

I also guess that they have scheduled production to get a car into one dealer first in the larger metro areas to maximize publicity/floor traffic...

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I found some new info today on Ford dealer allocation for the GT. There are 340 Ford dealers that won the President's Award this year. Projected production of 800 minus the 340 leaves 460 for volume dealers and other.
KB
www.kylebrady.com/page7.html

my understanding is that the presidents club guys are guaranteed to get one to start, but that doesn't mean they won't get two (or more presumably if they're the, say, top 5 dealers nationwide).

but don't forget to net out the 101 going to euro land - or are those not going to come out of the 2005 production?

doody.

The top volume dealers can be President's Award winners. Winning the President's Award gives dealers the right to one allocation. Some dealers might choose not to get one. (I can not understand why they would not) The first GT's arriving at dealers will be the top volume guys (June to Auguest) then the President's Award dealers will get recieve theirs late this year. I have also heard rumor that Ford is having drawings at this year's dealers meeting giving away allocation of 10 or so.
KB
www.kylebrady.com/page7.html

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
There will be a drawing for 8 GTs at the Spring dealer meeting. Each dealer who attends gets one chance. After the Presidents Award dealers, the cars are going to dealers based upon their "share of the nation", thus large dealers could get 2 or 3 cars based upon their share. The balance of the cars are allocated in a drawing amounst the remained dealers who were not allocated a car and requested one. I agree it would make no sense for a dealer to decline entry in the lottery, they can wholesale the car to another dealer for a profit.

Our dealership is a Presidents Award dealership so we have one guaranteed...I told the dealer to "get lucky" at the Spring meeting!

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

An interesting note from the latest SAAC mailing:
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, rumor has it that they intend to hand the keys over to buyer #1 at SAAC-29.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be the July 4th weekend in Michigan...

Back