Stoneleigh Kit Car Show UK GT40 pictures

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I went along Sunday here's a couple of pics good to see my old 40

Alan,

Here's the one we took of both of us with her.

Max

Attachments

• Copy of DSC_0196.jpg
    Copy of DSC_0196.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 311
Thanks for the pic's, but the Ultima in Gulf colors is just wrong!

It's funny, I saw that and said to myself that I love the Gulf livery on just about every car I see it on (Ultima included). A notable exception is the McLaren F1 that had a dark blue / orange.

I made my first long journey to Stoneleigh on the Sunday, 280miles round trip, everything worked fine.
My MDA was the only MkII . Unfortunately I had no camera with me so can't post a photo. There was however lots of interest in the MkII shape.

Steve

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
So Tim,

From the additonal information provided, I think the current (unverified) breakdown looks like:-
Total (GT40's): 21

GTD:10
Tornado:7
KVA:1
DAX:1
MDA:1
Hybrid:1

Max

What about the Ultima on our stand in the Jaguar Silk Cut colours?
In the past when it was more afluent times we used to have a presence of both days at most events.
Now days the cars turn out on the Sunday for the AGM
Derek the F1 Mclaren in Dark blue /Orange wears the official original Gulf colours and not the Pale Blue and Marigold that was used on the MIrages and GT40's when Gulf acquired the Wiltshire Oil Company. Dave Hensley our Events Committee member has his car based on P1049 which was run in those colours Dark Blue Orange in the 1967 Daytona. P1049 was Grady Davis(Vice Presendent of Gulf) road car (with a race engine and transmission) Diamond mettallic Blue tyhat had a orange stripe painted on it as Gulf's official entry into this race when the Mirage M1's were not ready
Regards Allan

Last edited:
Back