Superlite GTA

OK...I can tell you we have now made the front splitter, side skirts and rear diffuser cover independent from the main body.
This will allow repair parts to be much easier to change, it will also allow individual painted or carbon parts to be a simpler option.

There are a few things we have seen that differ from one DSM to another...these cars were designed and produced before CAD/CAM was implemented for the total build of a car, hence we are making a few tweeks to the mounting flanges on our panels to allow for repeatability taking the DSM variations into account.
More to follow....

That is sweet. Thanks for the update.

Mr. Wolfe

Almost forgot about this thread Wolfe. Thanks for the fix that I just got over. :cry::sweatdrop:

Fran. You're holding out on the goods! If this were a demand curve, it would be WAAAAAYYY to the left. Great way to keep the market clamoring for updates.

Juice, sorry to do this to you but it's been so quiet for quite a while and just can't stand it anymore...

Fran, is there something besides the bracket modifications and lack of CAD/CAM consistency that is pushing things to the right? January did seem a little too good to be true but now March has come and gone. Any chance on the brochure or an update to the website? How about a new target debut?

Considering that there are firm orders on the new LMP and SLC Le Mans, I think Fran is concentrating on those more than the Apex. I think customers need to take action (read: Put their money where their mouth is) to get the Apex out faster. Also, there's a new race car to build for this season too.

I imagine he's got some guys working on the Apex, but I doubt that it has the priority of the LMP or SLC LM.

Just my $.02.

I think Fran is taking the debut of the Apex very seriously. I'm sure he wants it right before the true reveal.

Besides, he's having fun watching all of us jones over this thread like crackheads.

Considering that there are firm orders on the new LMP and SLC Le Mans, I think Fran is concentrating on those more than the Apex. I think customers need to take action (read: Put their money where their mouth is) to get the Apex out faster. Also, there's a new race car to build for this season too.

I imagine he's got some guys working on the Apex, but I doubt that it has the priority of the LMP or SLC LM.

Just my $.02.

This and what Ricardo said. IT WASN'T ME FRAN!

Just my $.02.
I hear you, but conversely, lack of info for quite awhile allows interest to wane.

Personally I am still interested but not ready to be the first one to try putting one together. Also want to see some details to affirm whether or not I can tackle this. Until further info, I need to wait and see.

There is lots new but just not always posted...

A second demo car is well under way and we are trying to make sure that we have the end customer covered with a easy build, this entails lots of small developments for positioning of the body panels and mating glue surfaces....we could put something "out there" but without doing it properly whats the point...

Fran - can you comment on how much seat recline is lost with the Apex? I had a first gen eclipse and the legroom was perfect, but if I recall, I had seat all the way back and then some recline to it. maybe you can give us a measurement or a pic of the space behind the seat only without giving anything away.

We can easily accomodate the 95% which is 6' 2" with room to spare...the seat will recline quite a long way....

When I am at the paint shop next time I will get you a dimension

Hey guys just something to think about, I come from the 3000gt vr4 and now a days guys are making HUGE power reliably. The stock 3.0 6g72 is a great motor, I personally know guys making 700awhp and daily drive the cars. There is also a shop that makes all billet internal strokers that are insanely strong. With taking a 6g74 block(3.5L) boring and stroking it you can get up to 4.2L, you then can run mivec heads or use race heads from the 6g72, the bolt to the 74 block. That 4.2L BILLET block that is bulletproof built and shipped to you is around 8500 bucks. A big twin turbo setup with that big of an engine would be a riot, regardless of your horsepower goals, it will have tons of low end torque and obviously be a monster up top.

Hey guys just something to think about, I come from the 3000gt vr4 and now a days guys are making HUGE power reliably. The stock 3.0 6g72 is a great motor, I personally know guys making 700awhp and daily drive the cars. There is also a shop that makes all billet internal strokers that are insanely strong. With taking a 6g74 block(3.5L) boring and stroking it you can get up to 4.2L, you then can run mivec heads or use race heads from the 6g72, the bolt to the 74 block. That 4.2L BILLET block that is bulletproof built and shipped to you is around 8500 bucks. A big twin turbo setup with that big of an engine would be a riot, regardless of your horsepower goals, it will have tons of low end torque and obviously be a monster up top.

Justin, does that shop have a web site? I would like to learn more about that 4.2L setup.

When we are aready to showcase the components we will show them here first

I know I'll be patient.. I just found this thread last night and read thru the entire thing before bed!! (couldn't sleep) I feel for the guys that have been waiting since day 1!!! Can't wait to see this masterpiece!

Back