Superlite GTA

having owned a 4g63 car and now a few different LS based cars, I can say that I would drive either. back in college, my brother and I use to run our 90 eclipse awd turbo with no cat and a borla turbo muffler and it was quiet as a mouse in regular driving. You only got a hint of the sound after you get on it a bit. I'm a big fan of the Borla mufflers and they do an incredible job of quieting down the car.

That's one thing that could be nice about my plans, with SB100 registration I don't really need smog equipment. I'm thinking at the moment I would probably need to leave some things attached to keep the electronics happy, but going to perhaps hi flow cat would be called for.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough, I meant their existing styles, or something new or Apex-specific?

I seem to recall the existing ones in those sizes were CF5 or F14.

Correct...standard off the shelf Forgestars for a while....although they are already a custom aftermarket wheel....

Special custom wheels are very expensive and until the Apex proves itself in the market place, no wheel manufacturer will invest in a new product quite to soon...and when they do the prices will have to be amortised over a very small volume, meaning they will still be more expensive...

And that's exactly what I want! With a hot lime body, it'll be total 80's revisited!

:shocked:

I'm actually thinking matte black, gun metal, or white.

Reading over previous pages here, I'm not sure if it was ever answered if the newer 4G63 from the Evo will drop into the Apex?

If so, it helps with my concern of starting off by finding a 20+ yr old 6 bolt (there seems to be very little about issues w/ the Evo motor, unlike the 2G DSM). I'm assuming if the Evo would work, it'd be with the matching tranny and need the AWD blocked off as mentioned previously.

Reading over previous pages here, I'm not sure if it was ever answered if the newer 4G63 from the Evo will drop into the Apex?

If so, it helps with my concern of starting off by finding a 20+ yr old 6 bolt (there seems to be very little about issues w/ the Evo motor, unlike the 2G DSM). I'm assuming if the Evo would work, it'd be with the matching tranny and need the AWD blocked off as mentioned previously.

The EVO engines are mounted differently (180 degrees) than the 4G63 turbo motors. The EVO engine is on the other side like the naturally aspirated 420A so the turbo trannies would be in the wrong place. I looked at this extensively since the RS and GS models can be had for much cheaper and still be in decent condition. The other issue with a RS/GS would be the ECU. After combing lots of threads, cost/benefit is still significantly in favor of the 4G63 out of a GST or GSX. Both trannies can be built to handle 650+ hp at the wheels. Guys on the forums are beating on the manual and autos at the track with a $1800-$2500 built transmission. Not too shabby for 14-18 year old tech!

What you can do is mix and match some parts to get the best of each world. i.e., The EVO turbo manifold will bolt right up and flows much better. Put on a 16G turbo, etc.

More info better explained about the pitfalls of swapping engines: Does The Evo Engine Fit In An Eclipse - DSM Forums

Back