Superlite GTA

The lag is nothing to do with Bluetooth.

I'm looking into real world useful setups so lag is not an option. If I can come up with something, I will post everything on how I did it including all project files, animations, ...everything. If I can get this digital dash setup working, I want everyone to be able to duplicate my results.

I'm looking into real world useful setups so lag is not an option. If I can come up with something, I will post everything on how I did it including all project files, animations, ...everything. If I can get this digital dash setup working, I want everyone to be able to duplicate my results.
That's awesome!!! I sincerely hope you get it to work. Thank you for taking the time to work on it, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with :thumbsup:

Sure.... but do you understand why it's not the bluetooth that cases the lag?

I remember looking at the baud rates of the 2g ECU's. They are different depending on which year but should be able to support enough to drive a tach, speedo, and a few other values real time.

This project has been on the shelf for a few months so if I'm way off, please help out. I could see a separate thread being started for this project.

I remember looking at the baud rates of the 2g ECU's. They are different depending on which year but should be able to support enough to drive a tach, speedo, and a few other values real time.

This project has been on the shelf for a few months so if I'm way off, please help out. I could see a separate thread being started for this project.

have you heard of the mitsubishi mut-ii and mut-iii they are the oem diagnostics equipment and i've used them as a tech at a mitsu dealership. They do read in real time, so there are good enough signals coming out of those two diagnosis ports.

i'm very confident you'll be able to get it.

also the mut-iii uses something reffered to as v.i.s. i believe... that vis receives input from teh diagnostics ports on the car and then sends info to a laptop with proprietary mitsubishi software on it.

also the mut-iii uses something reffered to as v.i.s. i believe... that vis receives input from teh diagnostics ports on the car and then sends info to a laptop with proprietary mitsubishi software on it.

If that's the case, then it's easy enough to just pipe all of that information into an array which will drive the animation. Any links on where that information is?

Once there is a decent pool of initial information, I think I'd like to break this off into it's own thread. I don't want to detract too much from the Apex specific stuff. This project could be implemented into other Superlite cars besides the Apex.

If the data is accessable and the bandwidth is able to support this, I plan on fronting the cost of hardware to try it out.

If that's the case, then it's easy enough to just pipe all of that information into an array which will drive the animation. Any links on where that information is?

Once there is a decent pool of initial information, I think I'd like to break this off into it's own thread. I don't want to detract too much from the Apex specific stuff. This project could be implemented into other Superlite cars besides the Apex.

If the data is accessable and the bandwidth is able to support this, I plan on fronting the cost of hardware to try it out.

unfortunately i dont have any links those are just the oem mitsubishi tools that they provided us with at the dealerships.

and regarding bandwidth i'm pretty sure its there because i've seen it. however accessibility i'm not too sure on.

try looking in the evo forums regarding accessport. to see if those guys have access to real time data streams. also, i'd suggest focusing on evo 8 ecu's they are faster and operate at higher resolutions than the 2g ecu's.

one problem with the evo8 ecu's is that some are locked and scrupulous people sell them as unlocked.

i'm excited to see the result i'm all for replacing the cluster with a tablet or perhaps two 1st gen galaxy note 1's side by side on landscape mode.

Proprietary..... Means you're unlikely to be able to pull that same information.

The reason why newer cars like the C7 are able to do it is because they use CANBus to the cluster and is almost certainly available via the OBDII port as well.

Pre-CANBus cars use older and much slower protocols through the OBDII port so unless you have those proprietary diagnostic tools/software, you may be SOOL. I'm not sure if the 2G Eclipses used CANBus but I'm doubtful.

I'm not sure if the 2G Eclipses used CANBus but I'm doubtful.

I've read conflicting information on various sites but I think CANbus didn't start until evo10.

2g's are either ISO 15765 (CAN) or ISO 9141

If someone looks at their OBD2 connector - Pin 6 and 14 vs pins 7 and 15 will determine if it's CAN. (I guess manufacturers can include both protocols also)

I think its ISO9141. I also read that ecu flash increased the maximum allowable baud rate to 125000 baud. Not sure if link does something similar.

Also....Here's some work done installing an S2000 cluster...I didn't read the whole thing but I think there's some good info.

2G S2000 ap2 2006 cluster on Mitsubishi Eclipse almost done! - DSM Forums

Apologies if this is no help

hmmm ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init, 10.4 kbaud) vs ISO 15765-4 CAN (11 bit ID, 250-500 kbaud)

Thats a big difference, I can see why there's a difference in appearance.

Sitting in the airport, I'm learning all about ISO9141-2 initialization and K line communication. Absolutely riveting, let me tell you...

The good side is it looks like it's possible to communicate directly with the 2g native bus which should be plenty fast for real time display. This is still in its very infant stage but excites me at the possibilities.

Jason I've been reading up on how the Lua script interacts with the UI doesn't seem terribly hard to do. Just make sure it's efficient enough not to bog down. Importing object and creating effects and slides are pretty easily done as well.

Proprietary..... Means you're unlikely to be able to pull that same information.

The reason why newer cars like the C7 are able to do it is because they use CANBus to the cluster and is almost certainly available via the OBDII port as well.

Pre-CANBus cars use older and much slower protocols through the OBDII port so unless you have those proprietary diagnostic tools/software, you may be SOOL. I'm not sure if the 2G Eclipses used CANBus but I'm doubtful.

no canbus, but the entire ecu is wide open through dsm link if i'm not mistaken. however you are constricted to now proprietary (to dsm link) reader software, and a slower ecu with lower resolution.

now evo8, not sure if canbus, but there's another alternative as well which is accessport along with a few other, not sure how fast or if realtime but i think its a start, it is a faster ecu, and higher resolution.

I've read conflicting information on various sites but I think CANbus didn't start until evo10.

2g's are either ISO 15765 (CAN) or ISO 9141

If someone looks at their OBD2 connector - Pin 6 and 14 vs pins 7 and 15 will determine if it's CAN. (I guess manufacturers can include both protocols also)

I think its ISO9141. I also read that ecu flash increased the maximum allowable baud rate to 125000 baud. Not sure if link does something similar.

Also....Here's some work done installing an S2000 cluster...I didn't read the whole thing but I think there's some good info.

2G S2000 ap2 2006 cluster on Mitsubishi Eclipse almost done! - DSM Forums

Apologies if this is no help
this is great info i think its actually what jason is talking about. and the baud rate is how fast it reads right? ecu flash is evo 8 ecu's and late plastic 2g ecu's ??

this is great info i think its actually what jason is talking about. and the baud rate is how fast it reads right? ecu flash is evo 8 ecu's and late plastic 2g ecu's ??

Yes I think translated to symbols per second similar to bandwidth. Yes...it's a flash to the ECU using the OBD2 port.

As mentioned previously, I picked up my donor (partial since its a 1g) last week. All I can say is 650 hp in a 3300 lbs pound car is completely retarded ( in a good way). I wasn't shooting for that kind of power but it was nicest build I have seen in the past year 1/2 I have been looking. It was built by a really passionate and knowledgeable aero tech and the set up has vey little km. As a bonus it was marginally (+/- 4k$) more expensive than a good looking well maintained stock 1g. It has a nice ball bearing and billet wheel FP HTA 3586 with all supporting mods. It spools around 4500 rpm and doesn't quit until 8700. It's running 30-35 psi with water/meth but I'm going to bring it down to 20 psi until I get use to it. To be honest I can't even imagine running this set up (with 35psi) in a 2400 lbs car, it would be (IMHO) completely mental. Those shooting at 400 whp will likely be more than surprise.
Here a few vids of my new toy.

outside view 10.850 - YouTube

2step - YouTube

Last edited:
Back