Superlite GTA

Yep I just lost out on one that was $1000 but definitely plenty more where that came from!

Time for the next installment of 'tease' I feel ;)

Yep I just lost out on one that was $1000 but definitely plenty more where that came from!

Time for the next installment of 'tease' I feel ;)

I can envision the story from AutoBlog.com now:

"SuperLite GTA released; Value of DSM Cars Rockets Toward Toyota Supra Territory!"
2112074733_4ed54a45cd_o.jpg

I can envision the story from AutoBlog.com now:

"SuperLite GTA released; Value of DSM Cars Rockets Toward Toyota Supra Territory!"

LOL With 2 chassis designed for the 4G63 now, looks like he's trying to put a dent in the surplus engines on the market too.

I might still be able to save a few bucks on a 2G as I won't need one with an engine. I'm old school and a firm believer in "No replacement for displacement"....... And I simply can't stand the sound of a 4 banger unless it's a diesel.

Been out of the gasoline performance loop for several years now and doing a lot of research trying to play catch up with the technology and 6G7x engines.

I'm coming up with all kinds of bad ideas LOL

Latest bad idea is a 6G74 3.5L and putting on the big 65cc chamber and great flowing Non mivec 6G75 heads to seriously drop compression and ditching the top half of the 6G75 intake to make the adaptor to mount an Eaton M90 supercharger from a Ford Thunderbird 3.8 Supercoupe.

No need for $1000-$1500 worth of custom forged dished low compression 6G74 pistons and waiting months for custom parts when I can just stuff another $500 boneyard 6G74 short block in it and get back to having fun.

Last edited:
No need for $1000-$1500 worth of custom forged dished low compression 6G74 pistons and waiting months for custom parts when I can just stuff another $500 boneyard 6G74 short block in it and get back to having fun.

There's also no need to remove a perfectly capable motor that Fran has painstakingly adapted to a vehicle unlike anything on the market...

... but, if we can remember back to Economey class, consumers do have unlimted wants :thumbsup:

1600 lbs..... It is a Superlite.

animated_superman.gif

Definatly going to be lighter than my 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 crew cab dually that scaled out empty at a svelte 8020 lbs today.

Got ya beat Mike. 26,000 lbs standard license :) 1964 Flxible former Continental Trailways now an RV

IMG_1904.jpg

Hmm, so a 95 eclipse weighed in at 2,767 lbs. If he is only using portions of it, I am going to guess around 2,100 lbs. I will be extremely impressed if he can keep it below 2,000 lbs. Throw a modified 400 hp motor in it and it should scoot.

I'm old school and a firm believer in "No replacement for displacement".......

... it's called positive displacement with boost placement, why not just increase the stroke & twin-charge the 4G63T?
img_7155_88X_PakWheels(com).jpg

...Would be killer to cram this [plumbing and fueling nightmare] beast in a GTA...

^Exactly. You can make extreme power with the mitsu setup, but without twin-charging it. If you twin-charge it, you just hit a new level of 'wow.'

Screw 'no replacement for displacement.' There are many far better replacements today. It's all about weight as far as I'm concerned. Give me a light, agile chassis and I am a happy camper.

Question for those more up to date......is this motor the same as used in the Evos? I haven't been in the Mitsubishi game since the late 90's.

I had a 95 gsx and we got those to pull. I know the Evo's have been getting pure ridiculousness.

... it's called positive displacement with boost placement, why not just increase the stroke & twin-charge the 4G63T?
img_7155_88X_PakWheels(com).jpg

...Would be killer to cram this [plumbing and fueling nightmare] beast in a GTA...

Because....

I'm old school and a firm believer in "No replacement for displacement"....... And I simply can't stand the sound of a 4 banger unless it's a diesel.

Because when I spend this much time and money to build a car that looks this good. I'd want my car to sound like an exotic, not sound like a Honda Civic.

Oh I can tell that's just the engine compartment I want to drop a wrench in. You'ld have to tear it half apart to retrieve it. If YOU want a 4G63, have at it. I'ts not for ME. I don't like them, I'm not a fan of that engine and never will be.

I'd rather positivly displace an engine that stock is over 1 liter larger than the average stroked 4G63.... And not have the plumbing nightmare.

The stock V6 really isn't much wider than a 4 cylinder with an exhaust and tubo hanging off one side and the intake on the other side and it's pretty much a bolt in swap.

My vision is for a much cleaner engine compartment without the plumbing nightmare.

2011_gt500-engine01.jpg

Last edited:
Question for those more up to date......is this motor the same as used in the Evos? I haven't been in the Mitsubishi game since the late 90's.

I had a 95 gsx and we got those to pull. I know the Evo's have been getting pure ridiculousness.

Yes, the 4G63T (Sirius engine) was used in both applications, but the turbochargers used were different.

Hopefully they cured the crankwalk problem common in the engines too.

VQ35DE.

I agree about 4 pots, they never sound good, the only exceptions to this is a Subaru flat 4 with unequal length headers or motorbike 4 pots.

Only method I've heard to prevent it would be to not depress the clutch and turn the key at the same time :thumbsup:

LOL ... Ouch, That's gonna leave a mark

Since I would want to go with a VW VR6 Turbo I don't have to worry:
img3965yg5.jpg

Nice, That looks good, the did a really nice job on the conversion.:thumbsup:...And here you are busting my chops about not wanting to run a 4G63

VR6 is a really interesting compact design

Back