Superlite GTA

2350, Bob.

Honestly, it's hard to guess because of the different options of your donor car, e.g. moonroof, leather seat, and all that good stuff. But for a full interior daily driver, I would like to see 2300lb ish if that's possible, or close to 2100lb after weight reduction. So that will give a pretty decent power to weight ratio if I set the engine safely to 400-450 whp

1600 lbs..... It is a Superlite.

animated_superman.gif

Definatly going to be lighter than my 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 crew cab dually that scaled out empty at a svelte 8020 lbs today.

Last edited:
In the UK, you wouldn't be allowed to drive 8020 lbs with a standard drivers license!

I'd be afaid to drive this thing in the UK, I'd never be able to find a place to park unless I used up 4 parking spaces at the supermarket LOL

I don't need a commercial license to drive it but I used to drive the big trucks and do have a class A commercial license. 1.5 million miles accident free in over 10 years driving big trucks.

This is the last truck I built and operated before I retired. Very specialized build for Campers and boats. I've built a few trucks starting with bare frame rails. Building a GTA will be easy. Here's the album.

IMG00832-20100916-1645.jpg

Even hauled the old Airsteam trailer they used on the set of "Friday Night Lights" with her. That was a cool job and a great memory meeting some great people.

IMG00706-20100818-1809.jpg

poxlciaa4ovzcr.jpg

I think China saw Fran's GTA and tried beating him to the market :rolleyes:
...presenting JAC Motor's newest ambiguous sportscar, the Heyue SC:
jac-heyue-sc-coupe-5.jpg
172618.jpg

jacheyue.jpg

jac-heyue-sc-china-2.jpg

jac%20heyue%20sc%2011111.jpg

jac-heyue-sc-china-2a.jpg

and in yellow:
jac-s11-china-1-458x299.jpg

JAC-Heyue-03.jpg

2.4-liter four-cylinder
162 horsepower
160 pound-feet of torque
RWD
5-speed manual
Top speed of 127mph
$31,807 U.S.

...no thanks!

Last edited:
I was all ready to say, whilst the front is ugly (IMO) at least it's 'original', the rear on the other hand is MUCH better looking but unfortunately, is a blatant rip off.

Oh Oh........ Better grab an Eclipse/Talon donor now before they all get exported to China and the price goes up.

Ok. I've held out long enough...

We all know that the SLC is basically a road going Prototype race car. However, the FFR GTM was designed back in 1979. Check it out.

Alessi Fiberglass brings the AR-1 supercar to market... 33 years later

Beat you to it Justin :thumbsup:
Posted that in the paddlock section... didn't want it cluttering this prime real estate.

EDIT: Wanted to share these cool interiors by The Roadster Shop:
1967 Nova:
Innovator_0708%20(Medium).jpg
Innovator_0219%20(Medium).jpg

1962 Corvette C1-RS:
1962-chevrolet-corvette-c1-rs-04.jpg

1962-chevrolet-corvette-c1-rs-05.jpg

...I wonder what they could do with an Eclipse/Talon.

Last edited:
I think it's a ripoff of a lot of cars.

Side Profile ---- Nissan GTR
Side Intake-----Audi R8
Rear--------------Ferrari 430
Front Fascia ----Nissan GTR bastardized with Lambo(ish)

and the front hood is just ugly

1600 lbs..... It is a Superlite.

animated_superman.gif

Definatly going to be lighter than my 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 crew cab dually that scaled out empty at a svelte 8020 lbs today.

And I thought my 2000 Dodge Dually extended cab was a bit porky at 6,000lbs! I had a few guys from the UK in the thing and they could not believe anyone could drive such a monster .... or feed it for that matter.

The car from China would look like a totally different car if they yanked the skateboard wheels, redesigned the suspension and wheel openings to accommodate a modern sized set of 19/20 inchers.

The GTA 2750 to 2850 and that would depend on options.

And I thought my 2000 Dodge Dually extended cab was a bit porky at 6,000lbs! I had a few guys from the UK in the thing and they could not believe anyone could drive such a monster .... or feed it for that matter.

The car from China would look like a totally different car if they yanked the skateboard wheels, redesigned the suspension and wheel openings to accommodate a modern sized set of 19/20 inchers.

The GTA 2750 to 2850 and that would depend on options.

My Ex when I lived in Gaeta Italy was Italian and from Naples. Her dad about fell over when I told him my car in the states (an 82 F150) had a 4.9 liter engine in it.

My Dodge needs to go on a diet. She's 1500 lbs heavier than what Dodge lists as her curb weight dry.

I have the 5.9 Cummins and a bolt action NV 5600 6 speed in her. I get 22-23 mpg on the highway and 17-18 around town. I get 13-14 mpg pulling my 30' fifth wheel camper and my 3 axle gooseneck equipment trailer. Those are hand calculated numbers, I don't rely on the lie o meter that tells me usually 1.5 - 2 mpg better than what I calculate by hand. 200k miles on her now. Starts and runs like new.

Right now I have my EZ dumper dump bed insert in it while clearing some trees and brush on the property, That adds 800 lbs. Also have Airlift 5k air bags on the rear axle, a compressor, full mudflaps including a full length flap on the rear bumper. All that stuff adds up as you keep bolting stuff on.

When I take out the bed and mount my Reese 23k gooseneck hitch, Curt 20k fifth wheel, 10k weight distributing hitch, a 92 gallon Aux fuel tank, a tool box, top off 127 gallons of fuel and put my gear in the truck she tips the scales at just over 9100 lbs.

The wheels on that second red Chinese car look a lot like the stock 16" wheels on my 2006 Jetta TDI ...... Not what I'd call a sports car wheel but they do a fantastic job on the wifes grocery getter LOL

The wheels on the yellow car remind me of the hubcaps that were on the base 1967 Camaro.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see the GTA, even if it's the clay...fingers crossed, just got a 97 eclipse for $1100 let's go Fran...

Back