Superlite GTA

i am still waiting for the Apex GTA. my schedule is to buy an Eclipse this fall to start stripping it down to what is needed for the Apex and then order the Apex in the spring\summer 2015.

Good news :thumbsup:,

1st timer as well....

Yep same here, I've always wanted to build a kit car to my liking. First it was the gtm because of how it looked like a street car, but then after researching more I found the SL-C and fell in love. The apex just seems like the perfect street car with how light it will be, still have creature comforts, and look awesome and obviously be really rare.

Yep same here, I've always wanted to build a kit car to my liking. First it was the gtm because of how it looked like a street car, but then after researching more I found the SL-C and fell in love. The apex just seems like the perfect street car with how light it will be, still have creature comforts, and look awesome and obviously be really rare.

Justin, Everything you stated is 100% accurate but “IF” the Apex ever really comes to life (and that's a big if); do you really think that the average person will be able to distinguish the Apex from any modern production car?

It's a very nice, neat looking design, but IMO, nothing to put into head turning, “let's take second look” status for the average person.

Just my 2 cents.
Jim

Justin, Everything you stated is 100% accurate but “IF” the Apex ever really comes to life (and that's a big if); do you really think that the average person will be able to distinguish the Apex from any modern production car?
I do not believe that there is any question that the Apex will come to life. The apex is not as exotic looking as the SLC but is still very aggressive imo. I definitely think people will be taking a second look. Hell, when the c7 first came out, people who didn't know about it were doing double takes and asking if it was a ferrari. Just my 2 cents...

It's a very nice, neat looking design, but IMO, nothing to put into head turning, “let's take second look” status for the average person.

Just my 2 cents.
Jim

I know people will want to take a second look around here. There is a pretty big car scene here in Indianapolis with more than a couple TT lambos and the fastest privately owned gtr in the world. On Saturday nights there is always a huge gathering of all types of cars, my grandpa would take me when I was little and there was muscle cars everywhere. Now it's nothing to see 300+ cars from American cars old/new and some really fast imports be it Hondas and supras. My point is that any car guy that sees the apex will want to know what car it is if they do not recognize it.

Every car I have had I always debadged and liked how people didn't know what car it was. The apex will be no different, only car guys/girls will come ask what it is and check that car out and that's fine with me. The looks and questions while driving around town is fun too.

Will there really be no rear view? Looking through that build project a few posts ago, it seems like the rear bulkhead will not have any sort of glass or lexan.

I would like to be able to see a peak of the mid engine setup I put in. Just sayin... :-/

Back