Superlite GTA

I like that, though I would make it a little lower and "back" further. I am doing flared fenders on my build. Decided to go 13" out back.

These 375's would be nice. :)
automotive_connoisseur_execstudio_adv10_3-piece_forged_flat_black_tinted_gunmetal_finish_01.jpg

Mr. Wolfe

I thought that there was no conceivable way to do it?

I was looking at some of the manual options (back around the 50's of this thread). The F40 transmission appears to be the most popular converted, think there also might be a getrag transmission that bolts up. The largest issues I believe are with the starter and clutches. I've read the f40's weren't great above 350hp.

Example build:
LS4 / F40 swap - fieroguru - Pennock's Fiero Forum

and video of a dyno run
LS4 / F40 puts down 382 whp! - Pennock's Fiero Forum

I was looking at some of the manual options (back around the 50's of this thread). The F40 transmission appears to be the most popular converted, think there also might be a getrag transmission that bolts up. The largest issues I believe are with the starter and clutches. I've read the f40's weren't great above 350hp.

Example build:
LS4 / F40 swap - fieroguru - Pennock's Fiero Forum

and video of a dyno run
LS4 / F40 puts down 382 whp! - Pennock's Fiero Forum
Thanks for the info. The only thing that really makes me want the ls4 is the instantaneous torque/hp on that dyno :sad:

I like this type wing, I cant photoshop it but I think it would look good on the apex. especially with similar widebody fenders on the apex.

I know it's not everyone's style but I am a huge fan of the rocket bunny kits... both the duck tail version and the original (especially with molded/flush flares).
I'd love to see some type of rendering of a wing like this; I can't picture it looking good but would love to be proved wrong. It would be very helpful in some of these high hp applications but I doubt one will be offered from the factory.

Last edited:
I like that, though I would make it a little lower and "back" further. I am doing flared fenders on my build. Decided to go 13" out back.

These 375's would be nice. :)
automotive_connoisseur_execstudio_adv10_3-piece_forged_flat_black_tinted_gunmetal_finish_01.jpg

Mr. Wolfe
:shocked: Which 13" wheels do you plan to run? And what kind of flared fenders? Lips over the fenders? Or extending the whole rear quarter?

I know it's not everyone's style but I am a huge fan of the rocket bunny kits... both the duck tail version and the original (especially with molded/flush flares).
I'd love to see some type of rendering of a wing like this; I can't picture it looking good but would love to be proved wrong. It would be very helpful in some of these high hp applications but I doubt one will be offered from the factory.

You might be right about the wing, I just liked that on the frs. I would need to see a good photoshop of it. As far as fenders go, there seems to be a trend with the bolt on look. Not sure what to call them but with those 13 inch wide asphalt grippers those fenders would look awesome!

:shocked: Which 13" wheels do you plan to run? And what kind of flared fenders? Lips over the fenders? Or extending the whole rear quarter?

I am undecided on wheels as of yet. Plenty of time for that...

I will be extending the whole quarter like this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK18418XibM]427 Cobra Fiberglass Fender Extensions Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxLdiu6bzFo]427 Cobra Fiberglass Fender Extension Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Mr. Wolfe

I am not doing this because it "needs" wider fenders, but because I like an over aggressive look and I want to change the offset from the stock corvette to a wheel that will allow more concavity like this.

3595844692_d7c16b082c_b.jpg

Mr. Wolfe

You might be right about the wing, I just liked that on the frs. I would need to see a good photoshop of it. As far as fenders go, there seems to be a trend with the bolt on look. Not sure what to call them but with those 13 inch wide asphalt grippers those fenders would look awesome!

Yeah, I have always like the aggressiveness of this 458.

Ferrari-458-Tuned-By-Liberty-Walk-02-570x380.jpg

liberty-walk-458-rotiform-nitto.jpg

Mr. Wolfe

:thumbsup:

When this weather breaks, can I come see it?

Mr. Wolfe

Swing by Indianapolis and pick me and my brother up! I also love the ferarri you posted pics of, I was actually going to post those pictures too but figured 4 was overkill. I think the Lambo I posted looks alot like the apex front, the general shape is similar anyways. Thats why I posted it thinking it would show what the apex could potentially look like with those fenders on it.

Swing by Indianapolis and pick me and my brother up! I also love the ferarri you posted pics of, I was actually going to post those pictures too but figured 4 was overkill. I think the Lambo I posted looks alot like the apex front, the general shape is similar anyways. Thats why I posted it thinking it would show what the apex could potentially look like with those fenders on it.

Better yet, we could just meet there. :)

Mr. Wolfe

I am not doing this because it "needs" wider fenders, but because I like an over aggressive look and I want to change the offset from the stock corvette to a wheel that will allow more concavity like this.

3595844692_d7c16b082c_b.jpg

Mr. Wolfe

From my limited suspension geometry knowledge, changing your offset to get that more aggressive look will potentially increase your scrub radius which will amplify bump steer. In other word it will negatively affect your handling, you will have to fight with the car to keep it where you want especially on less than perfect pavement.

Here's some good read about this:

Technical || H&R Special Springs, LP

Maybe Fran can comment on this, but he could probably design the suspension for a more aggressive offset than what the oem corvette wheel offers.

Back