The Red Back race car

Hi Chris,

There was a special mag done on the construction of this car that I have back in Aus.
It was an interesting read, certainly the way the guy went about the design and construction was not how I'd do, but kudos to the man for getting it done. There were obvious points though where ADR's were always going be a problem headlights and windscreen just for two.

Then I'd read the rumor that the guy had given up on it and possibly even cut up the body molds (no evidence to back this up).
Their website (» Redback Spyder) has not been updated since 2008 by the look of it.

I hope the project is not dead and I'd like to see evidence to the contrary if anyone has it?

Hi Chris,

There was a special mag done on the construction of this car that I have back in Aus.
It was an interesting read, certainly the way the guy went about the design and construction was not how I'd do, but kudos to the man for getting it done. There were obvious points though where ADR's were always going be a problem headlights and windscreen just for two.

Then I'd read the rumor that the guy had given up on it and possibly even cut up the body molds (no evidence to back this up).
Their website (» Redback Spyder) has not been updated since 2008 by the look of it.

I hope the project is not dead and I'd like to see evidence to the contrary if anyone has it?

I used to visit Nick regularly when he was completing his project, even took me for a drive in the car. Whilst, the style was not my liking, I think the car was bloody fantastic. So many knockers out there though; to the point that an Australian Zonda/Koensgig is never going to happen.
I have not spoken to Nick for a long time (2-3years), last time he had cut the molds up as he was of the opinion that the Redback as displayed was a proto-type for production, and that if he got a backer he would redo the body to a more "produciton desing arrangment". He was still seeking a backer, and I feared for his ambition but he was still optimistic.
I have since moved interstate and lost contact.
I hope he is still going with this project, as it was in part his inspiring that managed me to do mine. (www.evade.com.au).
Nick, are you still out there?

Back