The trip to Knott's Berry Farm...

The trip to Knott\'s Berry Farm...

On Friday we were on our way by 8AM to the Knott's show from Phoenix. We met up with six Cobras at the rest stop. The trip was a fun drive that lasted about six hours. Lot's of thumbs up as we passed cars on the interstate. The RF GT40 ran flawlessly with good gas mileage around 18 gpm.
On Saturday I met up with Gordon and Robert Logan at the show and helped set up the dislay. It wasn't long before the place was full of people. From that point on it was non stop questions about the cars. There was my car and a deluxe kit on display. Many folks wanted to sit in them to see if they fit. We had one 6'4" tall guy try and he fit easily into the car. Then there was another fellow who was 6'2" and he had a tighter fit with a little less room. It seems that torso height is the most important aspect of fitting into these cars.
There was an F40 ferrari look alike there that was made in New Zealand and it was really neat. No Fiero rebody either it had a complete tube chassis.
A whole lot of 550 spyders, Cobras and Lambos. To me the show seemed larger than two years ago.
Sunday there was less there as the weatherman said it was supposed to rain so alot of folks left Saturday night. The day was still busy with many visiting the RF booth. They started handing out trophies at 1pm and I was lucky enough to take first place in my class.
On the way home we travelled alone as the others left earlier by an hour. The GT perform well all the way and I stayed on 80mph most of the time.
I can't say enough about the handling and the ride of this chassis. It is truly a pleasure to drive and ride in.

Hersh
smile.gif

Re: The trip to Knott\'s Berry Farm...

Hersh-

It was a pleasure to meet you, and check out your GT40. It is a beautiful car.

Bill D

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company

Hershal,

I am back in Australia now after almost a day and a half on the road as they say and I would like to thank you for allowing your car to be displayed on our site.

It was the first time I had seen the car in person and I was very proud of her. You have done an excellent job and I was very pleased also with the standard of the paint care of Gordon Levy. Congratulations on the award Hershal, you deserve it.

I also had the oppertunity to meet many people from this forum and again that was a pleasure. I even had the oppertunity to have well over an hour talk with Meat and his son.

To those who organised the meeting, congratulations and well done.

As regards to the F40, she was a great piece on engineering with a twin turbo charged Lexus V8 engine producing a claimed 800 hp.

Hope to see you all again soon, thanks to both Gordon and Hershal for your hospitality over the last week,

Robert

Sorry I missed you guys...I actually went down the week before! I had the dates screwed up.

I was working a deal for a never finished CAV spaceframe which this guy had a mechanic's lien on from the original USA GT40 and he was asking $25k! while I was putting together the deal, the guy sold it out from under me!

Well that was a bummer and after some soul searching and decided to forget about GT40s and am getting a Porsche 996TT and a Radical.

Though the people I talked to were nice, I didn't get a good vibe about any real trackworthiness of any of the cars and decided the hassle factor was too high for now so I decided not to go to the show.

Hersh Luck doesn't come into it. From all reports you have done a great build. Regards

G

So that's where everybody went. I was getting worried at the lack of activity on the site. I guess being at Knott's and winning hardware is a good reason. Another knotch from knott's on your belt buckle. Just out of curiosity, how did you get the trophy home? Did it fit in the car?

Regards
Paul

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

Hersh,,

18 GPM? Is this Gallons Per Mile or Gallons Per Minute?

Either way, I don't think I can afford it or for that matter store enough fuel to go most any places I wanna go....
smile.gif
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif

anyhow, glad you you went, you showed, you conquered!

You have figured out the master equation, build it AND drive it!

Rick
shocked.gif

Hersh,

I always enjoy your posts. 80 MPH ??? What's the speed limit there?

Have fun!

John

August,

That was a GREAT reply! HA HA

Have fun!

John

John, The speed limits here are 75mph.
Hersh built a great car and very much deserves the first place trophy.
Campi, I brought the trophy back with me.

Back