Tire sizes

Here is a thought....
I run Goodyear slicks for 8 heat cycles, and then groove what is left to a vintage pattern with a tire groover. I then can use them in the treaded tire group and they are still stickier than the other options.
In other words, these tires started out as slicks.

I'm such a dummy. First, I can't seem to post the pictures. Next I can't find the edit button. I'll try one more time.

Last try...

Attachments

• 69_lola_t70_dv-06_HHR_e07.jpg
    69_lola_t70_dv-06_HHR_e07.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 515
Dlampe said:
What are the largest tires I can run on this car with stock fender wells and maybe 2 inch rear flare extensions. I guess the fronts are the most difficult to fit. I would love to run the goodyear big letter treaded tires or the blue streaks but I think the tire sizes are going to be difficult to fit. I thought about the big letter avon's but I don't think they make a tall enough rear. Any ideas?
I have put Maxxis tyres on my GTD with the sizes ; 295/50x15 rear & 225/60x15 front. They are V rated and not expensive.The rolling radius changes slightly and the speedo reads around 4.5% lower than with the 265/50x15 that were fitted before.
They are obviously not racing compound tyres but perform well & look the part.
Cheers
Paul

Coker is considering producing DOT and EURO Street Legal Vintage Firestones in the sizes used on P4's/GT 40's/Cobras.

If this interests you please let him know.

Jerry Preisel

Customer Service Representative
Coker Tire
1-800-251-6336 Ext. 256
Local: 423-265-6368
Fax: 423-756-5607
[email protected]

Last edited:
I have 6 original (4 are nos) of those Firestones in 3 different sizes if they would be interested in looking at them.
I talked to Jerry and he was looking for a front that I just happened to have !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back