Tires for 15”x14” rim??

Takis,
I would stay away from the MT Sportsmans for a road car. I bought a set when I first,"Gulfed" the rear clip for set-up and rim/tire sizing. They looked like AVONs, were out of round, and would have had to have been shaved. Even then I probably would have never gotten rid of all the vibration they caused. The M&H radials have driven well in all weather, and are stable/vibration free up above 150. Here is a pic with the Sportsmans on 15x14s......
fullsizeoutput_45.jpeg

Avon 12.5/27.0-15 treaded on 15"x 14" rims on my Pantera Gr4 style. Works on the street, but race tires throw a lot of stones up into the wheelwells. Also, thin sidewalls lose air pressure quicker than street tires.

Jack
LOVE those tires!!

Takis,
I would stay away from the MT Sportsmans for a road car. I bought a set when I first,"Gulfed" the rear clip for set-up and rim/tire sizing. They looked like AVONs, were out of round, and would have had to have been shaved. Even then I probably would have never gotten rid of all the vibration they caused. The M&H radials have driven well in all weather, and are stable/vibration free up above 150. Here is a pic with the Sportsmans on 15x14s......View attachment 106737
Thanks Scott. Good heads up. After speaking with MT I had realised I wouldn’t get the profile I wanted but its good know about the roundness and vibration issues.

LOVE those tires!!
Yep, Those tyres look great on the Pantera and with the 15x14 wheels which are what I’m looking fro as well on my GT40 but coming up against issues with the wheel build and possible shaft breakages.....I am not quite at that point in my build yet but will Have to decide By end of the summer when my body will come and I have to decide on the super wide arches or just wide.......
Thanks for the info guys..

"Tires for 15”x14” rim??"

Well, I'm no expert when it comes to tire and wheel sizes, but if you're looking for a place to cross-match your rims and rubber, then (removed by moderator) would be your go-to online store. They have various sizes when it comes to tires and wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys, I’m trying to find some tires for my rear 15”x14” rears. Struggling with anything over 295 recommended for a 10.5”.

Any suggestions? TIA
I have the same challenge; I have semi considered Mickey Thompson 29.00*18.00 ET Street S/S Radial for the rear only because they fit
They have many downsides: - they are very large diameter 29"/ 737mm and have an aspect ratio that is more akin to a tractor than a high performance road tire. Therefore, compared to Michelin Pilot or Pirelli PZero they'll make your GT40 corner like an elephant with greasy feet
There is really nothing else; the other Mickey Thompson offering the S/R Radial or Hoosier have some horrible offering are evidently worse ... unless of course you only drive in straight lines !

Attachments

• Mickey_Thompson_ET_SS.jpg
    Mickey_Thompson_ET_SS.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 407
For all those GT40 owners running 15" diameter and 14" wide rear rims ... Pirelli 345/35 VR 15 I suggest would be the best DOT approved tire available
They would have the 'stretched' look on the 14" wide rim ....

Attachments

• Pirelli_345_35_VR_15.jpg
    Pirelli_345_35_VR_15.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 414
looks like these are only for rim widths between 10" and 13"

Takis,
I would stay away from the MT Sportsmans for a road car. I bought a set when I first,"Gulfed" the rear clip for set-up and rim/tire sizing. They looked like AVONs, were out of round, and would have had to have been shaved. Even then I probably would have never gotten rid of all the vibration they caused. The M&H radials have driven well in all weather, and are stable/vibration free up above 150. Here is a pic with the Sportsmans on 15x14s......View attachment 106737
What size ? Do you know their speed rating ?

looks like these are only for rim widths between 10" and 13"

Here in NZ the local agent shows a * next to the measured rim of 10"-13" which states add 1" to width if used for competition use. So to me that means Michelin have those approved for up to 14" wide.

Well, in terms of high-quality tires that would appropriately fit your rims, you may find them all at (removed by moderator). Not only are they top-notch, but they're also very affordable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back