Todd's SLC build

In the first pic , I noticed a change in radiator intake side. Mine has intake & return at bottom of radiator. Most all store bought radiators have one high & one low. Have given it thought to move the pass side to a high side of radiator just because.

Sorry for the lack of information. I found out very quickly that parts procurement is the most difficult part of keeping the project going.
So I have been able to get the brake lines installed, coolant lines as well, started on the master cylinder installation, done some sound and vibration mat installation. Also installed the radiator fans and the dry sump tanks.
One item I need some advise on-
The suspension A-arm attachment points were shipped with washers used as spacers. The photos send in the build manual and other threads here at gt40s show thicker spacers replacing the washers. Where can these be obtained and what is the correct size?

I would just use washers (I did) ... easier to interchange if you want to move the control arms forwards/back in the brackets.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Todd -

If you want to eliminate the washers you can also buy rod end spacers from places like QA1. Just measure the thickness of the RCR supplied washers/spacers and order the nearest size spacer.

Regards,
Dave L

Todd,
you will need to do a full alignment and a set up that matches your driving style before you make spacers to take the place of the washers and the supplied machined safety washers

Fran-
Thanks for the information on the suspension washers. I'll follow your advise.
I also was trying to look up some information on the Penske shocks I purchased for my car. What model number are they?

Back