Transportation Recommendation Please

I am happy report that I need an enclosed transportation recommendation from the CT area to Houston. I looked in the latest Hemmings and saw about 100! Too much data. Also any recommendations on process would be greatly appreciated.

FYI, the car is a recent construction ERA GT and I will gladly describe the transaction when the car is sitting in my drive. I'm a little jumpy after my Chicago mishap with the ebay car.

Thanks,

Chuck Ward
Smiling from ear-to-ear!

Hi Chuck,

Glad to hear all's well. I used InterCity Lines before. They always have a 1/2 page or larger ad in Hemmings. Was about 800.00 from San Jose CA to Dallas Texas in 1995. Call me at 214-914-2446. I'll tell you all I know about common carriers. My experience was a good one.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I do not have extensive experience with this, but some: I have had fairly good luck with InterCity- they are careful but slow, excellent results with PassPort- would use them again in a minute, and terrible results with VIP, with whom I would now not ship a dead fish in a trash bag. I have shipped two vintage Minis with Dependable Auto Shippers, who will probably bring out the 280SL I just bought in Nevada. Dependable did well too. All of them have ads in Hemmings.

Chuck, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I have had good luck with a company that has transported my CAV 5 times. Each time there has been eather a new Shelby Cobra or a Shelby Series 1 in the covered trailer with mine. They have always been different cars also. They seem to be reasonable also. They deliver all over the US and they have always been on time. e-mail me at [email protected] and I will give you their # to get in touch with them.
Joe

There was a Shelby Series 1 in front of my CAV this time.
Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 22910-TRAILER.jpg
    22910-TRAILER.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 218
Definitly call Dennis McNamara at Dependable Auto Shippers. He bent over backwards to ship my car from South Africa as cheap as it could go and checked in very often with progress. His number is 1-800-626-2505.

Thanks to all for the recommendations. Trying to set a date now for pickup and get this car here in Houston.

Chuck

Back