Tuner List - Share your Recommendation

Gents

After 4 tuners, it has dawned on me (a little slow I guess) that tuners are every bit as critical to our projects as hardware. I wanted to start this thread to share with all builders the good tuners we have found (so list yours as well). Tuners are typically local, unless they travel or tune remotely of course (Ed does), but it will save you much anguish and time to get it right the first time. Per Forum rules, I wont list the bad ones I have had, so they are spared.

So, for the east coast builders, Ed Gomez of Pro Edge Tuning (Wallingford, CT) got my LS3/480 running as smooth as ever. Most of us know the GM 480 Hot Cam is not the best grind, and in fact I had a replacement cam spec’d out for me to replace it. My tuning goal was to have a street car (not concerned about top end HP) that would drive without any jerking from light to light city driving (so why did I buy the 480….it sounded good)……….never thought it possible with this choppy cam. Well after Ed got done, what a miraculous change (we tuned it by street driving the car in actual conditions). I expected cam surge, but was surprised to find its dropped to around 1000 RPM under load (who drives here anyway)……….. 70MPH and 1800 RPM, smooth as a baby’s bottom.

Allen uses Ed a lot, so Ed has tuned differing SLC configurations, and from the web site you will see the SLC pictured. Ed travels to Tallahassee often as the primary tuner for Trans Am World, who offer custom made Trans Am’s priced as high as $240k (beautiful cars BTW). After working with Ed I see why they trust him to tune these incredible cars. So if you want the best tuner I have experienced, contact Ed at [email protected], you wont regret it.

Back