Twin Turbo V8 / Transaxle in Oz eBay

I just spoke to the owner, a really nice guy.

He will provide dyno results for the engine. It was built for a series of magazine articles, and has not been run in a real car.

Trans is LSD too.

Just a little more info about it's ebay history...

This motor was listed back in April 07 on ebay and I assume sold to this seller, or sold to this seller at a later date. From memory it had very similiar story, but did not come with a transaxle, so obviously these are new photos etc. It doesn't do much good now, but the auction no: was 270113249181.

Sorry didn't keep a close eye on it, so don't know the results of the original sael. I was involved in a similiar turbo Lexus project, that's the only reason I paid any attention to it.

Just mainly letting everyone know it's been around for a while.

I do like the larger custom plenum, the standard plenum is certainly a limiting factor for HP with our engine.

Also beware that these engines produce a lot of torque when force fed, you would want a reasonablly strong tranaxle or a very gentle road/track manner.

They also have a very unique sound when turbo'd. If you run a non cross-over exhaust this thing will sound like a big block when it's being run hard, but have a quite sedate noise at idle.

Last edited:
Back