UK, Motors TV channel, coverage of LeMans classic on NOW !

it was on Saturday night, and is on again now (started at 5pm).

If you've missed it, make a point of looking out for it as it has some good GT40 track coverage, including in car footage from Newey's car, anda shot of it on the low loader.

I've taped most of it, but have no idea of how to get it into a downloadable form, so if anyone wants to tell me how via pm, i'll see what I can do.

just seen some lovely in car footage from a T70, looking back across the bell mouths. Superb sound :)
Also, when its in the pits its brakes catch fire, makin a passing woman jump a bit :D

Just seen a bit with coverage of 66 start, with interviews with Sir John Whitmore, Alan Mann and Lee Holman.
Interesting comments re team orders from Lee. H&M cars were told to beat Ferrari, and were not allowed to overtake shelby cars unless the ferraris did, so they were always a backup to shelby, who were wholly ford owned at that time.

Cheers,
John.

Last edited:
Beat me to it - here are the repeats

Thursday 27 july 2006

07:00 LE MANS CLASSIC A celebration of the world's most famous endurance...

Monday 31 july 2006

16:30 LE MANS CLASSIC A celebration of the world's most famous endurance...

Set your videos

I'm going to try to copy from the video tape to DVD.
I'll also try to record directly to DVD next time the program is on (I've never done this before, so need to get the manual out)

I saw a few shots of our 'stand' with Messrs Magee,. Guest and Catt in shot.
Although there was a fair amount of coverage of the GT40 aniversary, it's a shame they didn't include more on the track time and celebration we were involved in.
Generally, I thought the programme was a bit boring - not quite like being there!

Back