VVT in LS

Mast Motorsports - MTM - MTM111-122 - L99 416 VVT SS ENGIN

Does anyone know much about these engines? AFAIK, this is the only pushrod engine with VVT. Can a small company like this really make it reliable?

What about Mast Motorsports in general? Does anyone know anything about them? Does Fran use one of their engines in the 01 car?

The LS376 480 seems to be popular, but if someone had the money (not me), are there any crate engines out there that are as reliable/tractable/streetable, but with more power? I realize that 480 hp is more than enough power for any street car, nevermind a 2400 lb street car, but the SLC is such a quality car, it seems like it deserves an equally impressive engine. The LS7 has more power, but I wonder if the displacement is kinda high for an LS block.

Is there a reliable, high quality crate engine with the streetability of the LS376 480, but with more power than LS7?

Is there a reliable, high quality crate engine with the streetability of the LS376 480, but with more power than LS7?

I intend to try the LSX454. I don't think the LS9 will work because I doubt you can flip the blower manifold.

And I hear MAST has trouble getting their crate motors out in a reasonable amount of time. If a distributor like Pace has them in stock, that's different...

JR

Back