Water pump connections

Hi,

I had cause to remove my water pump connections which may have proved fortuitous as it appears as though I had some brain fade when first connecting it up. Could you please confirm where the connector arrowed in the picture should connect to.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 338

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Nick - It can go on either of those smaller ports. The rule I have always followed is this one - when it comes to hoses, water pumps suck. Lately though there have been some reverse flow engines that prove that different, but by and large, it is true..

Nick - It can go on either of those smaller ports. The rule I have always followed is this one - when it comes to hoses, water pumps suck. Lately though there have been some reverse flow engines that prove that different, but by and large, it is true..
Hi Randy,

Do you mean the connection from the header tank ? ;)

Thanks

Nick

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Randy,

Do you mean the connection from the header tank ? ;)

Thanks

Nick
Both of the smaller ports are suction ports (coolant flows toward the water pump). One connection was for thermostat bypass and the other fir the heater core. It really doesn’t matter which port you connect the bypass or heater hoses to, but there is a recommended routing as shown in another diagram posted above.

Thanks for all the replies and personal emails offering advice much appreciated, although I am feeling a bit of a plonker at the moment :( When I built the car I was following the diagram below, however I may have made a few wrong assumptions

Firstly my docking radiator has two bottom connectors I assumed looking at the radiator from the back, the bottom left connector was to the radiator, bottom right from. However as the fan radiator switch is on the right (which surely must be where the hot water is coming in before being cooled), I may have that the wrong way around.

Secondly, 5/16 from header tank to engine outlet which I assumed was a 2nd bleed line and connected to one of the water pump connections, which I now know is for the heater. So where does this connect to.

Thanks

Nick

Attachments

• attachment gt40 vent lines.jpg
    attachment gt40 vent lines.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 307
Back