wheel tyre size

hi guys i am picking up my gtd/kva on sunday and need wheels and tyres can anyone tell me what size i need to get cheers chris

I'm running 8" BRM's on front with 215-60-15's and 10" BRM's in back with 295-50-15's. My body is KVA with a CAV rear clip.

Steve

Attachments

• GT40 pictures 63007 037.jpg
    GT40 pictures 63007 037.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 308

Mike Pass

Supporter
GTD and KVA use the granada hubs F&R which are Ford 5 bolt pattern so granada/scorpio wheels/tyres will do the moving job. The offset will be all wrong but they will fit well enough to move a car about.
Most people then use 15" wheels as they do look more original but 16" or 17" will allow bigger brakes and a wider tyre choice. Usually 7" front and 9" rear on GTD/KVA. Image Wheels do them in either Halibrand or BRM style with the correct offset.
(Some cars have adaptors bolted onto the granada hubs so they can use pin drive knock on wheels.)
If your chassis is KVA you may have some issues with F wishbones and wheel offset as the front wishbones are angled and there is little room for shocks and springs and the rear of the tyre may be v. close to the wheel arch.
Cheers
Mike

Back