Where do cables go through rear bulkhead

Does anyone know where the Accelerator cable and speedometer cables pass through the rear bulkhead on the RF40.

In general terms it is obviously at the rear of the gear change tunnel. Both cables run from the front of the car down the gear change tunnel. It is where they go after they pass through the rear bulkhead I am not sure of.

More precisely it looks like the accelerator cable passes inside the rear drag link mounts on the chassis and inward into the engine bay, then up over the front of the engine.

Similarly it looks like the speedometer cable follows the gear change shaft to the right hand side of the gearbox then over the top of the gearbox to the speedo drive on the left. This path would mean it passes to the outside of the rear draglink mounts (and outboard of the accelerator cable).

Before I drill any holes in the rear bulkhead I would like to confirm my theories.

Regards

John

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
John,

The accelerator cable passes dowm the gearchange tunnel and then to the front of the engine. The front is used as the normal entry from the rear of the engine makes the cable pass within mm. of the exhausts and this has always caused problems. I thought that there were some photographs of this in the workshop manual, if not I will send some to you.

The speedo cable runs down the opposite side of the car, the outside of the passengers seat. The gearbox speedo drive is on that side and it is best that the cable is feed directly to it. Again I thought that the manual had photographs in it, I will check today at the Motor Show and will contact you Monday.

Best wishes and keep up the excellent work,

Robert Logan

Back