Where is Keith1?

Well my goodness, what a nice thing it is to be missed? I am still alive although kicking is rationed and kept aside for my weekly carers. It can be a bit of a battle here when the scrubbing brush comes out. Like all progressive diseases, COPD and Heart Failure take their toll and some days that which you always considered an everyday activity, suddenly becomes out of reach. I'll tell you the plain truth though. I took my duties as Moderator here quite seriously and considered it to be an honour to be asked (yes, I know, I had a sheltered upbringing) but it was the constant political wrangling I couldn't take. With all life changing illnesses comes stress and anxiety by the bucket loads. For this reason I never ever watch TV nowadays. Put simply, I felt ill every time I logged into GT40's for fear of the political wrangling which I didn't comprehend & felt powerless to resolve. I did my best when Randy was incapacitated through his tragic family circumstances, but I was very relieved when he returned. Thank you all so much for your kind messages. I see that things have calmed down a lot now and so you may see me now & again regaling stories of my very own mid engined adventure. Yes! In a mad moment this year, I bought a mid engined MG F. It went like this: A fellow Hospice Outpatient with serious cancer, could no longer get in and out of his car, a Very Red MG F. It was cheap, very cheap and so I said "Bring it around and if I can get in and out of it, I'll buy it". And so it was. I measured it and it was 46" high with the roof up. Now that's pretty low for someone with very limited movement. I fell in it OK (literally), drove it around the parking lot and immediately felt comfortable in it. Now for the hard part. I just imagined my ex-wife was sitting in the passenger seat so I shot out of it like grape shot from a cannon, and the rest, as they say, is history. Well, not yet but I've already driven it more miles in 3 months than I did in 3 years with the Nissan (500 miles per year), and that's no mean feat considering I can only really get in and out of it once every 2 weeks or so. That's it for now, please see attached pics for my "GT46". You can see I fitted a traditional style 'boot rack' and I was planning to place a proper wicker hamper on it for next year's cruising (ever the optimist me) Haha Best to all, Keith

Edit: That's a bit of a lie about the hamper, It's actually for my wheelchair, but we can dream can't we?
Neat little car I didn't know they ever made a mid-engined one.

Much apreciated Graeme.. I certainly need something. Jus had a pacemeaker and defibillator installed but mypulse dropped to 9 beats per minute and I felt very much on my own for about 30 seconds; I'll get some b12 tomorrow.
Dave
Wow David 9 beats not really enough unless your a magican escaping a tank of water, maybe your AIC has failed that's a real slow idle hope you get it sorted quickly and easy

Back