Extraterrestrials - Among us or Not?

Has Earth been visited by extraterrestrials during the last 4000 years?

• Yes, I believe that Earth has been visited by extraterrestrials.

Votes: 138 66.3%
  • No, I do not believe that Earth has been visited by extraterrestrials .

Votes: 70 33.7%

• Total voters

Ron Earp

Admin
Simple poll. Extraterrestrials defined as beings from somewhere other than Earth, being defined as entities capable of conscious thought and independent action. Only considering the last 4000 years so the poll is politically correct for those that believe the Earth was created roughly 4000 years ago.

Vote Yea or Nay.

Go!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I believe that there are a few on this forum!

I personally have had a few as customers.......there can be no other reason for some of the shit "people" have told me over the years!!!!! (sorry about the multiple !'s as that is a bone of contention on some threads....)

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
The earth was created 4,000 years ago? Whaaaaaaaat? Anyway, the earth has to have been visited. Think of all the comets, meteors, asteroids that have collided with our planet. I'm sure some form of bacteria AT LEAST has come in contact with our planet. I personally believe we have been visited by intelligent life before, and I hope we are again in my lifetime, well we may have, but I'm talking about spectacularly public appearances. LOL

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
The earth was created 4,000 years ago? Whaaaaaaaat? Anyway, the earth has to have been visited. Think of all the comets, meteors, asteroids that have collided with our planet. I'm sure some form of bacteria AT LEAST has come in contact with our planet. I personally believe we have been visited by intelligent life before, and I hope we are again in my lifetime, well we may have, but I'm talking about spectacularly public appearances. LOL

"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intellegent life down here"

And please 'splain to me Lucy, if radio goes at the speed of light and if "warp 9" is umpteen times faster than the speed of light, why does Kirk radio to Starfleet? Wouldn't it be quicker to just go there?

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
There'se got to be a second coming --soon ( I hope) as "God" said to our indiginous --don't do anything till I get back :laugh:

"And please 'splain to me Lucy, if radio goes at the speed of light and if "warp 9" is umpteen times faster than the speed of light, why does Kirk radio to Starfleet? Wouldn't it be quicker to just go there?

I thought it was always a 'sub-space transmission' what ever the hell one of those are (maybe they use one of the extra dimensions other than the 4 we perceive that are required to make the Maths of the various String theories work) but its the get out clause they need to make it plausible.

Has to be Aliens, we can't be the only Beings on a planet in this Universe and of the others that have to be out there at least one race must be advanced enough and curious enough to travel and also clever enough not to get caught....

Anyway we are just a big computer for the white mice looking for the answer

Rick, warp factor is space travel terminology. If you do warp factor ten you will be every where at once = bad news. That is why warp factor 9 is the go.

Apparently....

Ron Earp

Admin
Rick, warp factor is space travel terminology. If you do warp factor ten you will be every where at once = bad news. That is why warp factor 9 is the go.

Not according to Star Trek, the original series.

In the episode By Any Other Name, featuring the nice Bouchet, The Enterprise gets hot rodded engines and travels at like warp 14 on the way to Andromeda. And, on another episode where they run into the Nomad probe I think it fires weapons that travel at warp 15, and, I believe the plasma torpedoes fired from the Romulan Warbird in The Balance of Terror (U-boats in space) also travel at warp 15. Not sure why I know this.....very sad.

P55_6_byanyothername_BarbaraBouchet.jpg

Dunno about Extra terrestrials, one can only assume that any intelligent life form that visited got the :furious: outta dodge as quick as it could.

Other than that, I know I'm the only one here's who's not an individual.....

Ron Earp

Admin
YOu know this cause you have a jumpsuit like that dude in the picture in your garage (it is just blue).

It isn't as cool. It doesn't have the little button on the belt buckle that turns you into a dodecahedron of crumbly Styrofoam.

I think the poll is coming along nicely.

Actually, I want to believe they have already visited. Hell, that could explain things the disappearance of certain species, the appearance of others... not to mention the fact that if we have been visited before and we're still around that says something about whether or not we need to be afraid of being visited in the future. However, I do think that things would be much different if we were visited.

Back