Extraterrestrials - Among us or Not?

Has Earth been visited by extraterrestrials during the last 4000 years?

• Yes, I believe that Earth has been visited by extraterrestrials.

Votes: 138 66.3%
  • No, I do not believe that Earth has been visited by extraterrestrials .

Votes: 70 33.7%

• Total voters

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Earth could very well have been a landmark...a waypoint for an advanced culture far before we became "interesting" enough to study.

Not a unique concept, WYLD....Clifford Simak wrote a book about just that scenario:

"The theme of the book revolves around whether human society is worthy of inclusion in galactic society, mainly because of its warlike tendencies. Written in the era of the Cuban Missile Crisis, and the nuclear uncertainty surrounding that era of the Cold War between the USA and the Soviet Union, Simak weaves a tale that was modern when written, but timeless in retrospect. This theme has recurred again and again in actual society, such as during the Vietnam War, the Gulf War, and now the War against Terrorism.

But the plot of this book is so unique, that we are fortunate that no writer has attempted to copy this idea. The Way Station is a galactic transportation transfer point, kept by a lone human being, himself a throwback to another era. Beings from all over the galaxy secretly pass through the Earth, communicating, learning and sharing with the station keeper, and spreading their cultures by so doing. The character development of the protagonist is first rate, and the writing is of exceptional quality. When separate crises develop simultaneously on the Earth and within galactic society, the book comes to a fascinating and exciting climax."

Available for less than $100 new from Amazon, less than $5 used.

Highly recommended reading!

Doug

Interesting !
4000 years ago Earth was created ? This was the time of the Sumerians .
They had plenty of E.Ts in their "mythology" .
And they knew much more about life the universe and everything than we do , and science is still proving them right .

Oh ,
It isn't traveling at warp 10 that makes you be everywhere at once , It is Improbability drive . Look it up in your copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy !

Marvin the Martian must be one of my relatives , The Earthlings keep screwing up everything I try to do ! There was supposed to be a big KABOOM !

Lucas's theories don't work here on earth , they just go up in smoke .

If you look through out the Bible, you will see countless tales and stories that would lead one to think ETs visited the earth. There was even a book asking the question was Jesus an astronaut?? Think about it, Most of the miracles that Jesus performed could be esplained in our time. Making the blind see(cataracts), the deaf hear(Myringotomy)(ear tubes for the rest of you), the virgin Mary(artificial insimination), the character who ascended into heaven on a chariot of fire(space shuttle come to mind). If none other, than the series of books by Eric Von Donnagan("Chariots of the Gods" and others). They asked countless questions about phenomena around the world dated to when there was no higher math, physics or geometry. Like the figures in the southwest deserts and potential launch sites carved out of rock bigger than most cities. Makes you wonder. :stunned:All very interesting.:stunned::stunned:

Bill

Bill

How many movies have been made that deliver a believable alien story?

I'll list a few that I found convincing-

X-Files
Close Encounters
Fire In the Sky

An interesting documentary aired on the Discovery Channel regarding what life would be like on other planets called Alien Planet. I bought the DVD after seeing the series, very well done.

Chris

Attachments

• Alien Planet.jpg
    Alien Planet.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
i would like to throw a spanner in the works that proves we are all from the same source...if you go to page 1 of this topic and look at post 18, you will automatically forget the e.t. argument, and scroll up to the pic.....if you didn't......we have proof of et interaction!!

Why is it so inconceivable that we (humans, on earth, that is) may be the only "life form", at least as we know/understand it, in the entire universe at the present time? That seems like a perfectly possible, and perhaps even likely, situation to me.

The reason I say this is because I think that if there is indeed other advanced "life" out there, it's likely not very friendly (and therefore, chances are, it would come find us for destructive purposes). Think about it, everything we know about the universe and "life" is destructive at some level. All life forms on this planet compete in some fashion, and most do so in a devastatingly cruel manner, for example. Getting eaten alive is SOP in nature on this planet. If you're not eaten alive first, then the second you can't move under your own power, then you're soon to be somebody else's dinner. The human species isn't that much different than the other species on this planet, at this root level. Why would it be any different on any other planet, if there was in fact life on other planets?

At a galactic level, everything is pretty much in chaos, at least on a galactic time scale. These orbits we're in are merely a temporary toilet bowl effect before a cataclysmic demise, so, where there looks to be order and symmetry and harmony, there isn't if you just wait long enough.

If we think that there are super intelligent and compassionate life forms out there that just want to study us for the intellectual learning, I find that extremely unlikely.

I've never seen anything in my life that isn't explained by the physical world as it's clearly understood. I thought I saw a ghost one time when staying in a 700 year old house in England some years ago....it really did look like a ghostly apparition...but the next night my wife clued me in that it was just the effect of the occasional automobile headlight from off in the distance shining through the really old glass in an odd manner. I was quite relieved.

Maybe some people see things, or have been abducted (and "probed") by visiting aliens, but I'm not one them, thankfully.

Last edited:
I was on the history channel yesterday, they were saying that there are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on all of the beachs in the world. Given that number, I would think it silly to believe we are the only beings.

I think we have been visited in the past and the present and will be in the future. My proof is just looking around at all the odd looking people in my area.

Back