Extraterrestrials - Among us or Not?

Has Earth been visited by extraterrestrials during the last 4000 years?

• Yes, I believe that Earth has been visited by extraterrestrials.

Votes: 138 66.3%
  • No, I do not believe that Earth has been visited by extraterrestrials .

Votes: 70 33.7%

• Total voters

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Giugiaro I think. Not the exact quote (which I think was actually worse!) but close.

Disclosure: I've had a TR7 and a TR8, and race one (an 8) now. I actually love the styling.

But then again, I'm actually a Grey from Zeta Reticuli, and I will turn you into a dodecahedron of styrofoam if you insult my race car!

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Not according to Star Trek, the original series.

In the episode By Any Other Name, featuring the nice Bouchet, The Enterprise gets hot rodded engines and travels at like warp 14 on the way to Andromeda. And, on another episode where they run into the Nomad probe I think it fires weapons that travel at warp 15, and, I believe the plasma torpedoes fired from the Romulan Warbird in The Balance of Terror (U-boats in space) also travel at warp 15. Not sure why I know this.....very sad.

P55_6_byanyothername_BarbaraBouchet.jpg

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRDD!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: :thumbsup:

Ron Earp

Admin
The poll shows that most of us believe that we've been visited by extraterrestrial beings.

For those that believe that extraterrestrials have visited us, what is the primary reason for your belief?

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Simple poll. Extraterrestrials defined as beings from somewhere other than Earth, being defined as entities capable of conscious thought and independent action. Only considering the last 4000 years so the poll is politically correct for those that believe the Earth was created roughly 4000 years ago.

Vote Yea or Nay.

Go!

Could I please have a third alternative: "I am an extraterrestrial."

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I saw a show many years ago, with Carl Sagan, and he made a good point about why he thinks we have not been visited by extraterrestrials.

His thoughs were that the Cosmos is very very large and for beings to travel this far, they would have to know we are here.

He said that in order to know we are here they would have to pick up our early radio broadcasts. We have now been broadcasting for less than 150 years, so at this time our cosmic "footprint" is only gone out less than 150 light years a very short distance in the cosmos.

So if a group of extraterrestrials received our early broadcasts and immediatly left for Earth at the speed of light (again unlikely but maybe possable) it would still take another 150 years for them to get here.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I heard another discussion were someone made the point that if there really are UFOs that one possable senario is that they are time travelers (again unlikely). But just think if I could go back in time (and abiding by the "prime directive") I would hover over areas and observe. I'm thinking Dealy Plaza, Amelia Earehart.....

Last edited:

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
One of my reasons for thinking ET's have visited the planet are the Nazca Lines. They are only noticed via high altitude, much higher than the mountains and plains in the area.
The pyramids were built by humans, I don't believe aliens had any influence on that. With human hands, just about anything is possible, to the most minute detail. It just takes time. We must think back to how things were done hundreds and thousands of years ago. Machines didn't always exist to make our lives easier. LOL
The Nazca Lines are just a complete mystery to me, and the ET influence on their design and placement make sense. At least until I hear another theory on their existence. I love being open minded, I never completely dismiss a theory until I have hard evidence to prove one way or another.

Laters,

Brian

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I heard another discussion were someone made the point that if there really are UFOs that one possable senario is that they are time travelers (again unlikely).

It is possible, Jim....one of the tenants of Einstein's Theory of Relativity is that if one could exceed the speed of light, they would travel backwards in time. Now, imagine a civilization capable of hyperspace travel, faster than the speed of light, perhaps many times faster....that civilization might well be able to travel massive distances and arrive at their destination actually "before" they left their original location. That could explain the biblical references to that "wheel in the sky", among other things. It might also mean that people are traveling backwards in time in large time units just to visit our planet right now. Do you doubt that we are having "Close encounters of the 3rd Kind", or even of the 4th kind (specifically, those in which earthlings are "abducted" for reasons known only to the visitors)? I don't.....:idea:

Doug

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
"Marajuana was first discovered in Twin Falls, Idaho in 1907 by a Polish Immigrant by the name of Wayne Krulka. The discovery was made in early May, while Wayne was working late in his study one evening, trying to find a shorter route to India"

Back