Extraterrestrials - Among us or Not?

Has Earth been visited by extraterrestrials during the last 4000 years?

• Yes, I believe that Earth has been visited by extraterrestrials.

Votes: 138 66.3%
  • No, I do not believe that Earth has been visited by extraterrestrials .

Votes: 70 33.7%

• Total voters

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Doug, Jeff,

Hi guys, its good to hear from you!

Guys, I depend you, you'r not getting loopy on me are ya?

Last edited:

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Calvin hits the nail on the head....

Attachments

• calvin-and-hobbes-intelligent-life.jpg
    calvin-and-hobbes-intelligent-life.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 279

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
If they were looking for intelligent life, they sure didn't find it here. I haven't seen much of that lately, including in the mirror.

According to Philip Jose Farmer, writing as Kilgore Trout in "Venus On The Half Shell" (KT was a character invented by Kurt Vonnegut, and Farmer borrowed his persona to write "Venus") mankind is actually the end of a process which occurred when a group of superintelligent interstellar beings who looked like giant roaches stopped on the primeval Earth one day to dump their garbage. This provided the necessary organic seed molecules to begin the process of life on Earth.

So, we are all descended from cockroach crap. This explains a lot if you ask me.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Holy smokes - Bruce Campbell is my neighbor! Love that movie...

Really? That's friggin AWESOME!! I love Bruce Campbell, he is one of my heroes. LOL Have you hung out with him at all, or do you just know him in passing?

Sorry, thread jack!

PM me Mr. Mike.

Laters,

Brian

In the beginning I thought this thread is " tongue in the cheek ". Then there seems to be a few scientific explanations . So now I am confused .

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
What about Paul the Octopus, who predicts the outcome of the world soccer events in South Africa --thats got to be extraterrestrial --maybe the predictions have an influence Hmmmm :idea:

What about women? You know, those strange life forms with interesting in and out shapes? There's even a book about them coming from a different planet to us. They surely are an alien species.

I'm prone to agree with Brian on this one. In addition to the Nazca Lines in South America, we have the Mound Builders in North America (Ohio-Pennsylvania area), the "Arc of Civilization" that traverses a course from South America to the Middle East and further into Asia...all cultures that built pyramids roughly within the same time-frame and no ability to traverse these distances easily...not to mention the dilemma of why would they share disruptive technology like this with foreign cultures and presumably potential enemies?

Occam's Razor doesn't cover some of these mysteries with any conclusive or satisfactory answers. There is no "simple" or sound reason for these cultures to have done what they did at approximately the same times. The Egyptians had math on their side, whereas the Mayans/Incans/Aztecs did not.

Where I disagree with Brian is not that humans built the pyramids, but that they were not influenced by external forces/sources. It is HIGHLY improbable for these concurrent developments in such radically different cultures and conditions WITHOUT an explanation that doesn't rely on wild speculation. Perhaps some people believe that extraterrestrial existence is wild speculation...but many of those same people believe in a higher power, including angels and demons. What would a God, angel or demon be, if not an extraterrestrial?

One of my reasons for thinking ET's have visited the planet are the Nazca Lines. They are only noticed via high altitude, much higher than the mountains and plains in the area.
The pyramids were built by humans, I don't believe aliens had any influence on that. With human hands, just about anything is possible, to the most minute detail. It just takes time. We must think back to how things were done hundreds and thousands of years ago. Machines didn't always exist to make our lives easier. LOL
The Nazca Lines are just a complete mystery to me, and the ET influence on their design and placement make sense. At least until I hear another theory on their existence. I love being open minded, I never completely dismiss a theory until I have hard evidence to prove one way or another.

Laters,

Brian

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
What are you talking about? The Loch Ness Monster built the pyramids, the Yeti drew the Nazca lines and the chupacabra ate my chalupa! All earthly phenomenon my friend!

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Wyoming,
I agree that there HAS to be some sort of outside influence on the pyramids, and other pyramid like structures throughout the world. As you said, how could ALL these cultures build the same thing at the same time without contact with one another. What I really like, are the small plane figures made of gold and wood in the tombs in Mayan areas. They have built large scale models of these planes and put engines on them and they fly perfectly. There's also that huge door of a tomb where the entombed is portrayed in a rocket type ship flying into the afterlife.

It's all just too damn weird NOT to explain it as alien influence. That, and I really want to believe that aliens have visited us. LOL I guess that also makes me a little partial.

Laters,

Brian

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
What are you talking about? The Loch Ness Monster built the pyramids, the Yeti drew the Nazca lines and the chupacabra ate my chalupa! All earthly phenomenon my friend!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Not your normal carefully researched and thoughtful approach to things Jeff. But very funny.

I agree with Dalton, women are definitely from outer space. That's why some are called spacey blonde's.

I never said the pyramids or any other of these phenomenon were built by extraterrestrials...just posited that they could very well have been influenced by them.

Not to mention the bizarre "artwork" the Sumerians produced...have a gander for yourself at the Smithsonian and other hoity-toity cultural centers. Spaceships and beings wearing spacesuits seem a bit of a stretch of the imagination for a society barely out of the stone-age to come up with on their own.

It's easy to laugh at and dismiss...but if the idea of building a universe in seven days, shaping a man from mud, creating his mate from a piece of his own skeleton, flooding the entire planet and the remnants of mankind surviving on an Ark with two of every land animal, destroying twin cities of decadence, along with the world's first skyscraper...have a spiritual appeal to otherwise sane people (rather than being a Hollywood summer blockbuster) why is the possibility of extraterrestrial life panned as being for kooks and fools?

Earth could very well have been a landmark...a waypoint for an advanced culture far before we became "interesting" enough to study. Something equivalent to a tourist trap, like the worlds largest shoe or an old-west mining town. We could very well have been "found" long before we learned to capitalize on radio-based communication...or we could have been "planted" as well as "tended" throughout our evolutionary process. Similar to what we have done with domesticated animals...cattle, dogs and cats. No more bizarre than an absentee father-figure in the sky prone to bouts of rage, insecurity, loneliness and apathy...

Back