1st MDA to Canada

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Chris-

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the rack, not the column:

75883-MDASteering_04.jpg

If you meant to type column as well, peace. The rack does look a bit canted though. It might be an optical illusion with the yellow bushing or something though.

Chris

Correct - it isn't bolted into place as of yet, was just trying to layout the steering system roughly before bolting it down. I'll post the "after" pictures shortly. Might be a good idea to only post the finished results when I can.

Thanks

Chris

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi One thing I do know for certain is that the paint scheme won't be a Gulf job -

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!

--------------------
Ron Earp

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I think our cars are shipping in the same container /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I will be sure to ask Robert to put my offensive gulf car on the bottom of the container (perhaps wheels up) and cover it with old bird cage linings and used tissues so that your car won't be exposed to such a hideous sight!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S. It could be worse:

Attachments

• 75975-hershey22.jpg
    75975-hershey22.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 742
That color combo looks horrible on every car!! I didn't think it could be possible but - thanks for the proof!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris

I opted to get the sanding over with ASAP. No matter how well you cover everything, the sanding dust gets EVERYWHERE! So, rather than deal with having that dust in/on every part of the car, I'll tackle it now, or at least as much as possible. The body isn't 100% aligned just yet but there is plenty to sand in the meantime. The overall fit & finish of the body is very good, other than the mould lines, everything else is clean and only needs a good rubdown. I want to also get the cutting finshed up for the headlights, spot, indicater, brake duct, number roundle lights, licence plate lights, fuel caps etc.

I won't post many sanding pics (yawn) but this will give you an idea of where it's at.

As an added bonus, if you can guess what chassis raced under the number 92 in 1966, you'll know what paint scheme I'm going with-

Have fun and enjoy!

Chris

Everything looks pretty good.... My hat's off to ya.! I have to guess we know each other....What do Hemi Dodge Chargers, Cobra's,F-1 Tunnel boats and Nitro Funny cars have in common? MRD Look forward to your reply. Mart

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
...if you can guess what chassis raced under the number 92 in 1966, you'll know what paint scheme I'm going with-

[/ QUOTE ]

Would that be red? Lookin good...
(image from Matt Prater's website)

Attachments

• 76881-GT40-2.jpg
    76881-GT40-2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 730

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
..or white...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 76884-66day92zRevson-GregoryFordGT40.jpg
    76884-66day92zRevson-GregoryFordGT40.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 746
Well, there ya go - the cat's out of the bag now! I've got the PPG codes for the scheme downloaded so I'll do my best to get this car as authentic as I can.

I'll never forget what it felt like to see 8ft flames beside me shooting out the headers and nitro burning my eyeballs!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Hey Mard, nice to hear from you again - it's been awhile - things have changed, all for the best. I hope the same for you-

Talk to you soon.

Chris

Back