2009 VIR 13 Hour in the RCR T70 Spyder

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Awesome guys!!!!!

Jeff - I've always said that sometimes you don't know where ten-tenths is until you've seen eleven-tenths... :)

Hey Randy, as I'm sure you know ITE is 100% regional and the region defines what ITE will be and what cars will go in it. NCR ITE rules are a bit different from what some regions run and state

Yep - Regionally administered it is... Seems that NCR has a slightly different take on it from the others - but that's just fine.. Glad you got it log-booked and have got the initial shake-down out of the way with no great drama.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Curious about your Oil Temp - Where is the temp probe located?

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Sort of glad we're not running - full rain in the 13 hr. Some friends of ours have a live video feed in their pits:

VIR 13 Hour on USTREAM: . Racing

Good sound, decent video. I think if we can do the race next year I'll ask Cameron if he can do a setup like that for us so we'll have a live feed.

Forgot one from yesterday in NASCAR T3.
nascart3.jpg

Ron

Glenn M

Supporter
Bloody typical Ron, every year we've come I've prayed for rain and as soon as we miss a year it pours!

Sorry you didn't get the car ready in time, you must be gutted to get so close. It looks great though and you do have a whole year to shake it down now.

Glenn

Ron Earp

Admin
Dang ol, bad race day. Lots of rain and the race checkered at 11:29 hours in due to bad lightning - which is damn unusual this time of year even for the South. If there was a year to miss the 13 hour this was it. But hats off to those that made it through because I know how tough it is to make it through in good weather.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ron -

I've run rain races in my Cobra and in the cold - no fun even for an hour actually...
I think if there was one to take a pass on - this may have been it... Best to learn all the characteristics of the car in the dry and first and then take the challenge of running in the wet...

You've come a long way with this car... A little more patience will pay off large benefits in the long run...

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Randy,

I've never run them in an open top car and I can imagine they would be tough.

Thanks for all the encouragement fellows. We'll get it out there next year and in the meantime we'll run some 1.5 hr sprints with it.

Found another picture, this one of me coming out of NASCAR T3. Think I'll make this one into my avatar. If you manipulate it in photoshop you can make it look like a period photo from back in the day.

Glenn, you guys will need to ship Malcolm's new race car over for 2010 and join in the fun. It isn't all that expensive for the shipping part and you'd have the car....think about it!!

Ronontrack.jpg

RCRt70side.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Now THAT is a damned cool picture my friend....

I'd have that as my background screen at work for sure...

Malcolm

Supporter
Sorry to hear it didn't pan out for you guys this year, but then with the rain issue I bet you don't feel too gutted! I was quite shocked when the VIR organisers sent out their early checker email due to ligthning! But then remembering all that fuel in the paddock, it could have got quite entertaining had a few of those fuel bombs gone off! We chose a good year to miss I think!

Ron Earp

Admin
Sorry to hear it didn't pan out for you guys this year, but then with the rain issue I bet you don't feel too gutted!

No, I wasn't too bummed at that point. Rain was on from the start with that race so we really didn't miss a lot this year. They had a low turnout and it appears that attrition was high with the teams. I have read or heard about six team failures and only around 50-55 cars started this year, way down from the over-subscribed fields of years past.

I got another picture from the batch and figured I'd post it. I've also attached the previous pictures to this post. Two people have PM'ed me and say they can't view inline pictures but can view attachments. I think that is some sort of firewall setting though, but they really wanted to see the pics.

sidet3small.jpg

Attachments

• climbinginsmall.jpg
    climbinginsmall.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 205
  • firstdriveontrack.jpg
    firstdriveontrack.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 236
  • nascart3.jpg
    nascart3.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 200
  • RCR T70 Oak Tree Turn VIR.jpg
    RCR T70 Oak Tree Turn VIR.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 213
  • RCRt70side.jpg
    RCRt70side.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 200
  • Ronontrack.jpg
    Ronontrack.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 220
  • sidet3small.jpg
    sidet3small.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 191
  • sydsmall.jpg
    sydsmall.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 205
  • nosesmall.jpg
    nosesmall.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 182
  • rearsmall.jpg
    rearsmall.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 229
  • sidedetailsmall.jpg
    sidedetailsmall.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 176
  • cockpitsmall.jpg
    cockpitsmall.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 211
  • dashsmall.jpg
    dashsmall.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 210
  • driversidesmall.jpg
    driversidesmall.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 201
  • frontsmall.jpg
    frontsmall.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_5642.JPG
    IMG_5642.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 6,351
Ron,
Thanks for posting the pictures and comments. Better luck next year. The car looks really sweet by the way.
Garry

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Who would expect to see a Lola t70 at this event. You guys ROCKED it! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to your next season.

Back