904 in Fran's Sig?

Historically the cars were very succesfull with the 4 and the 6. IIRC they even mounted an 8 cyl. but it was pretty rare.

FRAN,

Is there a huge dimensional difference between the VW F4 and a Porsche F6?

The Subaru option sounds great too but would you be able to keep it turbocharged and keep it intercooled. Based on the frontal area and shape of the 904 where would you mount the intercooler. I actually like the subaru option alot because of availability, modern engine management, driveability, reliability, sound, size, and many other parameters.

ON the other hand the sound and power of a stroked NA Porsche 6 would make me consider selling my soul to the devil......:D

To answer your question, yes I would pay more for the option of a F6

The issue is building a chassis to accept every engine package.....and how many cars will we sell......if there is not a BIG market with real customer commitment ,then we may not even bother.....

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Is it the 904 model Chuck Beck just released? If so, well, there seems to be huge demand for that model--probably enough for 2 manufacturers, and particularly given your excellent rep, Fran!

Doug

Chucks car is 70-80k...ours will be 35k ish if we decide to go ahead...I have to be sure there really is a market for the car as developing a completely new package is extremely expensive and labour intensive....it has taken 2 years for the Superlite Coupe.....

Last edited:
No ..but we may have to use a larger/longer transaxle to handle the power...that may be a bit of an issue.....
The Subaru boxes are very long..I have a couple of them at the shop for mock up in the SLC...5 and 6 speed.

Pat how about sending me a drivetrain to play with ....I can do a Blue with Gold wheel Subaru paintjob on an SLC ....Prodrive make their own cool hotrod...how about Subaru USA....

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
LOL - coming right up. 6 cylinder 3.6 Liter, 2.5 liter turbo?

Seriously, boxer engines are petty wide - is this an issue?

Original 904 had a 4 and a 6 cylinder engine...they fit in the back just fine..

I have a WRX engine for fitment in our cars too...that thing looks small in the WRX until you see out of the car, its a bloody big cube and it is actually a pretty tall unit....
Come on Pat a high powered Gashole like you..must be able to get something sorted for a poor ole' Limey...

I would take a Tribeca engine ...they must have pulled some of them apart and saved the embarassment of selling a lookalike bloated Alfa Romeo...:D

Here's a picture of my 904 I build, kit was from Avanti Motor Corp.

Attachments

• fall904.jpg
    fall904.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 877
Larry ,

here are mine...

Nice car...:)...I spoke with Avanti years ago before they moved to Mexico...

You have a PM.

Attachments

• 904 (Small).jpg
    904 (Small).jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 844
Here are more pictures of my 904 kit car. This car is driven daily on the street. Over 95% of the parts used in the car came from a 1974 2.0 ltr
Porsche 914. I equiped the car with Roll up windows, single wiper blade,
heater and A/C. It get hot here in Georgia,USA.

This car is a blast to drive the engine output is 100Hp with a weight of
1750 lbs.

Attachments

• 070107-1.jpg
    070107-1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 757
  • 112306-3.jpg
    112306-3.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 738
  • 083106-1.jpg
    083106-1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 736
Well we have a Cayman engine and trans and first stages for mock up are underway......

Attachments

• FEB 29 08 027 (Small).jpg
    FEB 29 08 027 (Small).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 630
  • FEB 29 08 026 (Small).jpg
    FEB 29 08 026 (Small).jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 663
I have almost enough parts in my 962 junkyard to pull something together...
Maybe make it look like a 904 on one side and a 962 on the other...?

0391203783179.jpg

I'm keen on an RCR904, Fran, especially if you fit wind-up windows instead of those horrible sliding ones, and can fit an air-cooled 911 (say 3.2L) engine in.
Would it all work OK up side down, here in Oz?

Best wishes,

Dalton

Dalton, you and me both. :)

Wouldn't it be great to see them here in Oz. :D

As soon as they are production ready, I'll be doing my best to get them here asap.

Back