904 in Fran's Sig?

Well, I am not sufficiently familiar with the detail to know if it's original. But the owner, Ken Price, says it is an original 1964 car, always fully maintained, immaculate, never damaged, rebuilt in 1998, well known in Victoria, holder of historic records at Rob Roy and Morwell hillclimbs, has twice been invited to the AGP Historic display.

Attachments

• 904 frontA.jpg
    904 frontA.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 433
  • 904 engine rhA.jpg
    904 engine rhA.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 475
  • 904 rearA.jpg
    904 rearA.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 417
I seem to remember the name Alan Hamilton? racing one of these in the late 60's in Australia, dont suppose this could be the same car? Mr Price might be in for a nice $$ surprise!

There are certainly enough references on the Internet to this car and Ken Price if you Google it up. While it may be a bargain, it would certainly appear to a a real and correct 904. Nothing much is selling around here except apparently at the high end auctions, which never seem to slow down regardless of the economy. Looks like an opportunity for some enterprising lad to pick up a 904, do a little refurbishment (if there is such a thing), and resell it at a profit.

Fran, looks like an opportunity to me!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We had chassis #28 in the shop about 18 months ago...the owner was offered over 500k and it needs a restoration...

Good luck to Mr. Price....

This undamaged 904 is currently for sale in Oz. The owner expects A$170,000 - A$200,000 for it. One Porsche Club member has already offered his GT3 plus cash, such i the appeal. I wish Fran's factory was closer to me, and I could persuade him to do a 904 replica to Australian Design Rules.

Dalton

Do you have the owners contact info? Thanks

That´s what I thought... When you ask him for a chassis number, no reply.
Plus is a RHD car, and I do not think Porsche ever built a RHD 904

Barrie, Thanks for clearing the Aussie replica dilemma up. It certainly explains the price issue that Fran brought up. I think it is interesting that nowhere in the results of the races or articles in the media, that I could find, does it mention that the Ken Price car is an M&W replica, although most of us knew you were out there building fine 904 cars. :heart: :thumbsup:

Fran, As always, we bow to your insight and wisdom. :lipsrsealed:

The Martin and Walker cars are great and very well done...

It would be quite easy for someone not conversant with 904's to mistake one for an original...

Currently they are somewhat inexpensive due to the exchange rates....41k pounds for TK minus... I think as stated on their website but that may be out of date...
...any bites on the sale of the CAV??

Fran,

You have a thread started on the Caymanclub.net forum with a couple of photos of the 904 in-progress. Great to see some collaborative efforts with Scott at Softronics!

Back