904 in Fran's Sig?

Chuck

Supporter
Fran:

Have been looking for a project after we complete the '40. Been looking at the Porsche kits. The idea of a smal car with VW air cooled engine has a lot of appeal. Nice contract to the '40. An RCR kit would make it even more appealling.

I will be in your neighborhood on business in the next month or so. May stop by and visit.

Chuck

My pal Derek Smith in Canada already does.....if people think the 917 is uncompromising they should look at the 962's .....the RCR-P will have that covered....wink

okay...I'll bite...what will be the relationship between the RCR-P and the 962....or is it just wishful thinking....

Kris

I keep getting pressured to do one but it would be about as practical a street car as mudflaps on a tortoise....

Besides I have the SL-C...

I keep getting pressured to do one but it would be about as practical a street car as mudflaps on a tortoise....

Understand.... I saw a Dauer 962 last time I was in Germany....and I can't get the dream outta my head...... here is to dream'nrockonsmile

I think that a tortoise would look pretty fast with mudflaps. Or, for those from the shaky isles, garter belts on sheep look hot. But I digress; what sort of chassis will the RCR904 have? And will it be quite basic with raw fibreglass and alloy inside, or will you offer a reasonable package of trim and finishing items for the more civilised of us?

Get one out here, ASAP, please.

Dalton

Dalton,

The 904 will not be a heavily trimmed car...there is not a lot of real estate to deal with and as such you dont want to lose whatever you have.

Dont forget the 904 was a lightweight race car......not a plush 911....

Its frightening how crude the original car that we work on from time to time really is.

I can get you an RCR904 out there as soon as your short arms reach down deep into those long pockets....:D

Fran,

Any new pics/updates on the 904? I've seen the Beck up close and can't wait to see your fininshed product. My track weapon is a 79 930 making about 550 hp and the Beck with stock 3.2/901 ate my lunch all day.

Thanks,

Tully

Hi Tully.

it will Summer time before ours is even close to being on the track...and its currently a one off.....at present I dont have any plans for production..unless you want one just like the one we are doing now....

I have also seen the Beck up close with and without the body....

We are working on the above "one off " at the moment....

I dont plan on building more than two.....the one thats on the table now and the second one that is currently unsold and hanging on the wall.....
Craig , as I said above.....if you want one just like the one we are building ..now is the time...aluminum chassis and Boxster drivetrain....
Price and spec upon request request...privately...

We are working on the above "one off " at the moment....

I dont plan on building more than two.....the one thats on the table now and the second one that is currently unsold and hanging on the wall.....
Craig , as I said above.....if you want one just like the one we are building ..now is the time...aluminum chassis and Boxster drivetrain....
Price and spec upon request request...privately...

Gee Fran, you sound like you're actually in the business of selling cars for a living instead of just running this forum as a public service.

/s

Fran is trying to break me is what Fran is doing. I've got the 917K and an Electrolite both on order (and sounds like both are shipping soon) and am in heavy negotiations on another car now. And I really want an SLC. And an RCR-40. And I figure if I end up with all of those at one time (which will take another year or two, I know), I will then have more leverage to get him to do a 962. :)

--Donnie

Back