Club Trip Le Mans Classic

Just a reminder for all the people going on the Le Mans Classic trip, the organisers are stipulating the following dress code for the paddock.
'Drivers and mechanics to wear overalls, spectators/public-NO JEANS.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Roy,

You've got me worried now. Apart from the fact I only have jeans & shorts (other than my work/suit trousers), so are shorts acceptable? But more so, for those of us who have track time, are we supposed to have overalls (both myself & my passenger)? Or is that just for the proper race entrants?

Max

Do we count as spectators even though we will be doing the two laps, or are we required to wear overalls?

If jeans are banned Max, you'll look pretty silly in a pair of Y fronts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The way I see it is, if it's the same as 2002 event, if you want to access the paddock on Thursday & Friday jeans are acceptable, No jeans on Saturday & Sunday.race days. is that right Roy ?
Max I think you will look fine in your Y fronts, If the weather is as hot as it was in June that's all you will need.
Could be a little painfull with a four point harness though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
If jeans are banned Max, you'll look pretty silly in a pair of Y fronts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about Y fronts, surely my leather thong will be ok? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Yeugh! Wot a disgusting thought!
I protest most strongly at what will be a corrupting influence on my son of tender years, who will be in my passenger seat.
At 32 he is far too young and impressionable to be exposed to such decadence!

Its not a question of age, more time of day - or just a thong at twilight - as Jonathon Ross might say.

Hastily moving on, seriously folks, are we required to don overalls for the parade laps? Even the O'reilly interpretation does not cover this question.

The first reports back from the journey down to Le Mans tells us one car suffered a broken windscreen on route, still in England luckily, replaced by Chris Melia and he continued his journey, another lost the windscreen wiper completely in a major thunderstorm on the motorway at illegal speed, and same car has a puncture in Le Mans, now being repaired. Frank ( Friday 6.00pm)

Back