Club Trip Le Mans Classic

The green 1963 Lola GT that was recently sold to Japan is back at the Le Mans Classic this year with two Japanese drivers. If anyone could take some decent photographs of the car before/after the race with the rear clip up and/or the nose section off, I would be very interested.

I had some high resolution images from when the car was restored but lost everything when my machine crashed late last year (that will teach me for not backing up...)

Thanks.

Rob
PS I hear that Adrian Newey's GT40 will also be competing, among others.

Attachments

• 35755-img01.jpg
    35755-img01.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 293

MWGT40

Supporter
Guys

Unfortunately I have got my ticket late for the Le Mans Classic and so was unable to get track time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif but am still going to drive my GTD down for the race /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif. In the event that any of you are no longer able to use your track allocation for whatever reason, I would be very grateful if you would let me know as I would happily buy it off of you.

Regards, Martin

Martin,

Because of busniness reasons I have regretfully to cancel my trip to Le Mans.
I feel horrible to be honnest as I really was looking forward to go there.
Yo can take my place and suggest to ctc Roy and arrange necessary.
Pls confirm if this works and lets see later how you may refund.
Good luck (bastard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif...because I cannot come /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Fred

MWGT40

Supporter
Fred

Thanks mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I will reimburse you in full for the track time.

Cheers,

Martin

Martin,

I dont do it with pleasure but I am glad someone like you takes it over.Send me a picture... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Fred

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
As a "first timer" at Le Mans I have been diging for information on where to watch etc. I plan on taking loads of photos as this is another hobby.
I am also now working with Roy on putting together a list of people going from the club, contact numbers, hotels tools crossings etc. etc. If you haven't been contacted yet please sent me a PM or e mail and I will send you our details request sheet.

Also if anyone is interested a site with good info is
http://www.clubarnage.com/watch.htm
good maps of track etc.

Ian

As I've only bought my GTD this year, I didn't really consider going to the classic le mans before I'd put too many miles on it. But providing I can do it for a reasonable price (ie camping) then I might be able to go (got a 2 week m/cycle tour booked as well!) can anyone let me know what costs are involved as regards the ferry, camping and entry tickets so I can get a rough idea what it'll cost me?
Thanks
Simon

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Simon

costs so far
£45 per ticket *2 = £90
£199 Chunnel ticket £199
4 Days cheap hotel £120
Total £409 for 2 people

To that add fuel for return trip 520miles @ 15mpg = 36 gal £130 at todays petrol prices.

add to that cost to det to tunnel, food and drink for 4 days and fuel for driving around Le Mans

THis should give you some idea - look further back on this thread for a French website on Le Mans Accommodation - Our 1* hotel was going to cost only £8 more for the 4 days compared to campong - also we did not need to take tents etc.

Ian

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I think it depends what day you go/return. I think they start at £59 if you can get the best combinations of days.

Max

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Correct - daylight robbery!

It is the first weekend of the annual school holidays so guess what the price goes up - try and find something cheaper on a Ferry and you may be lucky - best a month back was £159 on SeFrance Dover Calais but 8am leaving time so a really early start

Ian

[ QUOTE ]
£199 for the chunnel ticket! blimey I'm in the wrong business! seems Dick Turpin is alive and well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Simon, give Travel Destinations a try. You have an e-mail.

Simon,

Try the Newhaven / Dieppe route with Hoverspeed - it’s the fast seacat service and only takes 2 hours. It also puts you down the road a fair way. If you go to the website there is a special deal if you book before the end of the month. I got mine for £129 return.

From your place down to Newhaven would take about an hour (depending on the traffic) and its motorway nearly all the way!

We are booked into a hotel in Mamers - it’s a rural 2* friendly family run place and has a walled courtyard for the cars. When Ann and I were there last year, the 3 days B&B, a few drinks in the bar (?) plus one evening meal came just under £100 for both of us! Excellent value in my view. Last week there were still a few rooms left.

I have received the tickets for all those members attending with the GT40 Enthusiasts Club Trip and will be forwarding the tickets to all concerned this week.

Roy,

Great news, now the real anticipation begins!!!

Since we will leave from Poole we are in fact staying within walking distance of the old GTD works in Balena Close. We will have to go pay homage at the shrine!

Last time I was there the works were being used to create a new GT40 replica - I wonder what going on now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey you two, this is not a trip down memory lane, While you two are wondering round Poole looking for the "Holy Grail" I will be back at the hotel having a drink, and Roy it's your round /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Or is there a hidden agenda to check-out the Red Light district of Poole /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back