Club Trip Le Mans Classic

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Roy & Ian,

Is yours booked with Brittany Ferries? Just I was looking to book the same one (for company, and to follow someone who knows where they're going), and it says 07:30.

Also, when are you coming back? Though, like Chris, Brian & co. I might leave it until later in the week to have some time in France.

Max

Roy,

I'm a GT40 enthusiast and would like to become a member.

Would there be any room for an ousider? I run a Crendon Cobra with a 351 Cleveland/TKO II Trans with Jag running gear.

Would anyone object if I tagged along? Interested in some lappery of the circuit as well.

Cheers

David

I do have a confession however.

Attachments

• 29789-Dscf0017.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 220
Roy,

I'm a GT40 enthusiast and would like to become a member.

Would there be any room for an outsider? I run a Crendon Cobra with a 351 Cleveland/TKO II Trans with Jag running gear.

Would anyone object if I tagged along? Interested in some lappery of the circuit as well.

Cheers

David

The new GT40 Enthusiasts Website should be up soon, I could add a page on those going with travel dates etc. In order to circumvent (not the Gauls as Caeser would have put it but) data protection regs if you e-mail me your travel plans I'll take it you are happy to have them posted.

Send to [email protected]

Hello Crendonman,
The organising body will only allow cars of a make/type to be displayed together, so unfortunately we are unable to accommodate your request.
If you are a member of another club that are attending-perhaps a multimake club, it would be best to talk to them.
Please do come over and say hello when you are there though.

Roy,

I have sent you a private email. I am going down as well - could you also please send me some details. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dave

I have 27 cars attending the event with the Club and have got to close the entries forthwith so if you are a Club member or GTD member and you want to come along I need your entry form now!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hello all
I am going across to the event - no GT40 yet so going as a spectator.

I was then asked if I could tow a trailer across in case of any problems with the cars on this "expedition". I have agreed to this but during discussions at Wednesday's Fairmile Meeting I mentioned that I had been looking at prices for car and Car and trailer and the ferry prices more than double to tow a trailer.Brian thanks for the trailer and Landrover offer.

Question has anyone not yet booked their ferry - if so which route are you going and can we make an arrangement to meet up at a port / tunnel, load your 40 on the trailer and then unload at the other side? This will mean that the additional expense of the trailer will be lessened.

I would like to leave on the thursday 22/07 and return on the Monday 26/07 - times are flexable.

Any takers?

Ian

Just an update on the final numbers going to this event with the club, 29 cars and 64 people.
The organisers have allocated us 2 laps of the full circuit on the Saturday-CANT WAIT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to leave on the thursday 22/07 and return on the Monday 26/07 - times are flexable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Ian,
My son and I are travelling Portsmouth/Le Havre on 22 July, sailing 0730 and returning Le Havre/Portsmouth on 26th, sailing 1630. The only drawback is that we have already booked the car in.
E-mail me to discuss details on who to book through etc if you would like to use that route (there is only one sailing on that route per day - it's also one of the cheapest!).
Have you arranged camping or accommodation yet?

Update on numbers attending.
30 cars and 66 people from the Enthusiasts and GTD40's Clubs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roy 30 cars only ten short of the magic 40, how are you going to establish grid positions for 30 cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif for our 2 laps of the full circuit which will be an awsome sight coming up through the grandstand straight.
I think I should be at the front because my brakes are shite, and I don't want to sent home in disgrace for modifing the rear end of a fellow club members Forty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hi Roy
with 30 cars going on this trip its looks like a great success, however from previous trips to Le Mans with the club it is evident that a back up team with car trailer and tools may be a prudent move.

Regards
Chris.

G

Salut guys !!

Who of you will stay the night in the inside track near the car under the tent ? Hum Roy may be with BBQ ?...
I think i'll be one of them, hope the weather will be with us ! Can't wait anymore for this gorgeous event /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

One thing i propose is to create something to identify each others the D day, kind of sticker or other with our user name printed ...

Hi Fred,
I'll be under canvas at the camp site, also Ian O'reilly, the Club display should be good with 30 cars too. look forward
to meeting you.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Ok probably late now but I had been battling to get accommodation and looked at getting a tent and paying the Euro 65 each for the 4 days

Someone came up with a contact in France and they turned up trumps and we got a cheap hotel (hell how long will we be there?) Hotel total Eur 182.40 for 2 of us so only Eur50 more than the campsite where you have to supply your own bed and tent! No brainer I am in the hotel said to be 15 mins from the track.

Anyone interested? contact Le Mans Hotel reservation [[email protected]]

This is the e mail they sent me on Monday so various qualities are available.

I'm please to propose you the following accommodations for the Le Mans Classic 2004:

In a Chateau nearby LeMans about 5/10 minutes drive, Ipropose you double rooms and private bathroom. Car park, garden, and breakfasts included.

RATE: 280 EUROS PER BEDROOM AND PER NIGHT/ MINIMUM OF STAY OF 4 NIGHTS

In a 3* hotel situated in Le Mans, near the train station, about 10 minutes drive from the circuit, I propose you double or twin bedded rooms all with en suite-facilities. Public car park.

RATE: 99.70 EUROS PER SINGLE ROOM B&B PER NIGHT
109.70 EUROS PER DOUBLE OR TWIN ROOM B&B PER NIGHT
0.80 EUROS PER LOCAL TAX PER PERSON AND PER NIGHT
MINIMUM OF STAY OF 3 NIGHTS

In a 2* hotel situated in Le Mans, near the train station, about 10 minutes drive from the circuit, I propose you double or single bedded rooms all with en suite-facilities. Public car park.

RATE: 63.50 EUROS PER SINGLE ROOM B&B PER NIGHT
75 EUROS PER DOUBLE ROOM B&B PER NIGHT
0.50 EUROS PER LOCAL TAX PER PERSON AND PER NIGHT
MINIMUM OF STAY OF 3 NIGHTS

In a 1* hotel situated in the outskirt west of Le Mans, about 15 minutes drive from the circuit, I propose you bedrooms composed of 1 double bed and 1 single bed, all with en-suite facilities. Car park.

RATES: 39 EUROS PER SINGLE ROOM B&B PER NIGHT
42.50 EUROS PER DOUBLE ROOM B&B PER NIGHT
0.30 EUROS PER LOCAL TAX PER PERSON AND PER NIGHT
MINIMUM OF STAY OF 1 NIGHT

If you are interested in one of the propositions, plesa contact me back in my office at the above E-mail address:
[email protected]

Best regards,

Sovann Leconte

It may help someone trying to get there!

Ian

Back