David's Monocoque Build

Over the the last week I made the hammer form for 2443 Rear Window Frame and the pattern for 2549 Glass. I intend to RTV some 3/16 or 1/4 steel to the hammer form surface this way it will hold up to use.

Attachments

• WindowBulkhead.JPG
    WindowBulkhead.JPG
    256.9 KB · Views: 102
David,

When you get these parts formed up, what are you doing with them?
Do you give them a coat of 1k etch/weld through primer and then put them in storage? are they going in a closed container with a bunch of desiccant to protect the parts from rust whilst you get more parts formed up?

I feel I should also start doing some of what you are doing. At present I have just been working on collecting and restoring the bolt on parts whilst I finish my CAD work. Trying to plan ahead.

Keep up the good work.

Ryan

David,

When you get these parts formed up, what are you doing with them?
Do you give them a coat of 1k etch/weld through primer and then put them in storage? are they going in a closed container with a bunch of desiccant to protect the parts from rust whilst you get more parts formed up?

I feel I should also start doing some of what you are doing. At present I have just been working on collecting and restoring the bolt on parts whilst I finish my CAD work. Trying to plan ahead.

Keep up the good work.

Ryan
I wipe them down with WD40 and store them in a heated room, any surface rust I treat with Evapo-Rust and a Scotchbrite pad.

Back