ERA GT40 / 427SC Cobra owners opinions please?

Hello to any ERA GT40 owner out here. I am a new member to this site. I am considering building an ERA GT40 3-5 years from now, but would end up selling my ERA 427SC Cobra to do it. If I could, I would own both but that is not an option for me right now...

Are there any ERA GT40 owners out here that previously owned an ERA 427 Cobra or have both of these cars that could provide a few thoughts on making such a move?

I do realize how different these cars are in some ways, but don't have any first hand driving experience with the ERA GT40. I have questions like...What do you like about the GT40 more or less than your the ERA Cobra? How is the performance and driving feel in comparison? Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Duane / Folsom CA - USA.

Duane
I would put an order in now for a GT40ERA. I've been on the list of 3yrs as FEB04. The wait is long and unpredictable. If you decide to not buy the car you can sell your position and make a few bucks. There is always an impatient person with a lot of money.
I have driven/owned a Cobra but never more than seat and dream time in GT40. I can only imagine how the car will drive. The center of gravity is so low. As far as fitting Get the removable steering wheel. Us full figure guys need it. I'm 6'1" 200lbs.
Cobras are becoming too plentiful. You'll see 10-12 at any given show. GT40 is a rarity and crowd pleaser.
I'm looking forward to the build. The GT40 is a far more complex vehicle.

LLoyd

Ron Earp

Admin
You may want to check out other offerings too. Superformance is coming out with a mono GT40 that is looking to be fantastic and similar in cost to what you are looking for. Check the thread under "All GT40". Also, there are many other GT40 replica companies that turn out fantastic products which might strike your fancy.

Duane,

I'm fortunate to own both ERA 323, & ERA 2043... I just got the GT 40 less than 2 weeks ago, so driving time has been limited with the rains, holiday, work ETC... My first impression is that the 40 is more driveable than the 427... Not only from a HP standpoint, but also from creature comforts as well...

But the 427 is like your first love, you never forget... My advice is similiar to what has been stated previously... Get your 40 on order now!!! You will have 3 years to save and figure out what to do with the 427...

Pictures of both of mine are at www.ptelcom.com/cobra ... Feel free to email me at [email protected] if any other questions...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back