F1 2007

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Keith,
It was cold weather jackets most of the day where I was - ie on raceday I never saw the sun until after the start of the race as I was 1800 ft above Monte-Carlo in the clouds with temperatures of +14c and a wind chill of +8c. I was pleased to get away up to Le Mans but I had problems with my Mercedes en route with clutch slip which started going up the steep hills out of Monaco. I nursed it to Le Mans by long shifting all the way but it was a 20 hour trip - normally 14 hours in 2 seven hour stints.
Anyway, cutting it short, I'm back home and quaffing - no gulping- my way through a 97 Barolo and just a little tired so it's having a remarkable effect. Spill checkre? I don't seam to make too many mishtakes agfter a gras or too............

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
What's nice about this thread is that it gets hijacked all the time and Keith pops up and brings it nicely back on track. Someone wote just recently that the forum is all about USA and the UK. I can't remember who it was and I'm disinclined to search back and find out, but IMHO it was a statement of monumental bollocks. The is , again IMHO, no frontiers but a what is really a global village on this forum and the sooner he stops pontificating, who ever he was , the better. Whats wrong with trying different languages ? His post was just total garbage. Enough said.
One more glass and I'm done for the night.
Dave M

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete and Di,
I hope the return flight to Oz was uneventful and thanks again for such a wonderful evening.
Dave

Thanks David,
We also enjoyed the evening, next time you will have to cab it so you can enjoy more of the local brew.
We arrived home at 0800 this morning after 33 hrs of travel.:mad:.

Best,
Pete.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Ralf Schumacher, one of the top three F1 drivers according to him in one of his recent PR blunders, may lose his seat at Toyota sooner than he anticipated. The Japanese team are looking at alternatives to be ready for either Magny Curse or Silverstone so, in effect, we could be without a Schumacher in F1 very soon.
:lol:
Oh dear. What a pity.:pepper: :pepper:

Dave,

thanks for the comments. The comment was found in the original Transaxel comparison thread.

I do agree, this is about the global community. Without the likes of this, I would still have no clue about any of this tech stuff, and understanding what is in the market.

Best
Dom

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Dom.
Hijack away to you hearts content because I feel thats the way to often broaden these discussions, dispel bigotry, and look at other points of views and so many times, the ideas that come up put a different slant on ways to tackle problems which gives me other ideas as well.
In all honesty, I really don't give a jot about who does what or says what. It's a free world and if I want to go and buy something, first I will get as much info as I can on what my budget can afford then get the best possible price and buy it. I have no borders though I rarely buy things French if I can avoid it. Sort of a Falklands and Farmers thing but I won't go into that here and now.
Looking back at last nights post I think I was a bit umbriaco, but again thats what I like occasionaly, a bottle of Barolo. I might have another one tonight. We've all just been sadly reminded that life is too short and too precious.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The FIA has issued the following in respect of its investigation into the Monaco Grand Prix: Having studied the radio traffic between McLaren and its drivers, together with the FIA observer's report and data from the team, it is clear that McLaren's actions during the 2007 Monaco Grand Prix were entirely legitimate and no further action is necessary.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
So big ron gets away with it again.
I'll wager that Hamilton will win at Silverstone.
Why? Because big ron will say so.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I think Ron did the right thing instructing them not to race. Both Mclarens were faster than everything else and it would have been a tragedy for the team if they had taken each other out.
I agree that it will probably be Hamilton's turn next.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
From FOSA this morning:

Thursday, 31 May 2007
It has been reported in the German publication Bild that Ralf Schumacher is about to be shown the exit door and his substitute might be in the drivers seat as early as the GP of Magny Cours in France on 1st of July 2007.

Other reports link Adrian Sutil with Ralf Schumacher seat, though Sutil's manager, Karl-Heinz Zimmermann said: "After his recent performances, one or two team managers have enquired about his situation, but up to now there have been no negotiations. We are basically very happy with Spyker."

David,

I am not concerned about the hijack business. We are at least getting the info collated, and the next post will come possibly tomorrow.

Enjoy that bottle of Borolo, one of my all time favourite wines !!!

Ciao
Dom

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
some shots from Monaco.

Attachments

• Monaco 07 003.jpg
    Monaco 07 003.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 341
  • Monaco 07 007.jpg
    Monaco 07 007.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 355
  • Monaco 07 008.jpg
    Monaco 07 008.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 331
  • Monaco 07 027.jpg
    Monaco 07 027.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCN1443.jpg
    DSCN1443.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 361
  • DSCN1501.jpg
    DSCN1501.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 337

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Some more

Attachments

• DSCN1453.jpg
    DSCN1453.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 347
  • DSCN1469.jpg
    DSCN1469.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 355
  • DSCN1502.jpg
    DSCN1502.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 368
  • DSCN1510.jpg
    DSCN1510.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 321

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Some silly rumours -
Hamilton will go to Ferrari if Raikkonen is shown the door and the lawyers are already brokering it.
Ecclestone is upset with Moselys ideas of a v6 and standard chassis.(strategic positionibg IMHO but I'm a cynic)
McLaren think Ferrari will dominate in Canada and USA -
(AND PIGS MIGHT FLY !)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
William Hill odds on world championship:

Bet Until : 15:00 08/06/2007
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

F Alonso2.75
spacer.gif

K Raikkonen3.75
spacer.gif