F1 2007

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Rain has just started in Shanghai city at around 0700 hrs. Looks as though it may be affecting the circuit now as well and should last most of the day, according to some of the more detailed reports and forecasts.

Keith

If you don't want to know whats happened, look away NOW...

McLaren = SCHOOLBOY ERROR.......

Stupid b******s....:mad:

Keith

Absolutely a team error....and a major major one at that. He had no need to gamble, but I'd bet he kept telling them that he could handle it...

The team have unfortunately been blinded by his light and think him invincible......

Ferrari now have everything to play for and who would want to bet against them?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It will sell the tickets in Sao Paulo now so Ecclestone ( and his tall wife) will be jubilant.
Signed
The Cynic of Buckinghamshire

Keith

On the bright side :)eek:) I suppose we were spared the comedy of only FH's tyres ready in the pitlane had LH made it in without the beaching :mad:

un'altra doppietta Ferrari.

che bello vedere quel ciccione di Ron Dennis disperato, con le mani sulla pelata.

fanculo va...

Babelfish = an other doppietta Ferrari. how nice to see that ciccione of Ron Dennis deprived of hope, with the hands on the peeling. fanculo it goes...

'scuse my ignorance but...?

Clubracer

Probably. :)

In fact I would like to know what Paolo said. I'm probably the only person existing with less ability to translate effectively than babelfish...

As much as I'm disgusted with F1 these days I still watch it out of respect for what it was and those that were my heroes. I occasionally read this thread in the hope that someone can explain to me (indirectly) why it's still regarded as a sport.
David's insights can be fun as well, I love the cynics reference above. :)

Clubracer (the club racer thing was intended for another thread but I bailed. :) Good thing I guess, I'm probably too exterior.)

Last edited:
ihihihi...more or less the sense is that.
Just my last phrase is the one u can say with (true italian,if somebody of us wins we all win..if somebody looses he and only he looses, alone..ihihihi) pleasure to see ron dennis (quite fat= ciccione,kidding word for it) desperado after the mistake of his "chocolate champ" so claimed to be the new Schumacher.
Btw, also me in first think LH is one of the very best ones there..;), is only this god-on-earth pilots sensation i really do not like...and "mc'dennis" team too(also here for me mc laren only is Bruce the kiwi..sorry..)

Club Racer, I agree with all your considerations about modern formula one.
Just really read sometimes this long thread cause I deeply love david morton's comments and so precise reports over that world (David and his too important work ther is probably the only interesting point..at least for me)

Now I have to see max biaggi loosing sbk champ...brb later :D

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
It will sell the tickets in Sao Paulo now so Ecclestone ( and his tall wife) will be jubilant.
Signed
The Cynic of Buckinghamshire

It's probably the only way the little prick can get off at his age!

Looking at it in as positive a light as possible, I am relishing this situation as it will increase the level of heartbreak for the long beaked frog and his ilk when LH takes the championship in Diegoland south.

:)

Shanghai Report:
Arrived at the circuit about 10am. Dave was right, rain had fallen at the circuit earlier in the morning. Almost no rain till about an hour before the start when it was wet/dry every 15 mins for the next two hours.
Quite why Hamilton stayed out for so long on his knackered tyres I don't know. Kimi and Alonso were just reeling him in. Usually when a driver is that much slower it's essential to get him in for new tyres ASAP. But he didn't pit, he got passed and the tyres just got worse. Eventually you could see white marks on the right rear. It's quite common to see the canvas showing through on Chinese trucks, but not often seen on an F1 car. Maybe McLaren have become too Chinese! I had pointed out to Ray some laps earlier that he should pit and then when the marks appeared, I doubted he would get back to the pits. I thought the tyre would disintegrate on the straight. As it was, the car wouldn't go round the left hander in the pit lane approach. It’s unbelievable that he should stay out so long with tyres that were visibly finished laps ago. All the spectators could see it, why didn’t Big Ron call him in???????????
Interestingly, we walked on to the pit straight after the race and the recovery vehicle with Hamiltons car on top came past. Both rear tyres had already been covered in plastic sheeting! Maybe McLaren didn't want everyone to see their cock up.

It looks like Kimi is the new Schumi. The cheers/waves/general applause was at a level of adulation previously only reserved for MS.

I was wrong about the beer. A change of contract means it is now Budweiser which is even worse than the Fosters!!

Regards
David

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,
Try indian beer with preservatives in it. We used to slowly invert the beer bottle in a glass of bottled water and the preservative would sink into the glass. Probably about 20 to 30cc per bottle. If you tried to drink it you would possibly lose the next 2 to 3 days with numerous ailments, the meningitis type headache being the less severe of those ailments. The beer was called Kingfisher. It was infinitely worse than Fosters believe me.
Even the local beer in Shaghai, sorry Shanghai, was better than Kingfisher.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Shaghai, I guess old pilots would know.:D
I heard the tail end of a report that Alonso had a huge dummy spit after qualifying and tossed his helmet accross the Mclaren transporter breaking a glass door. have you heard anything about that?

Speaking of booze Johnny Walker have decided to stick around.

Johnnie Walker has announced that it is extending its sponsorship of McLaren until 2012 in an announcement that has clearly been timed to send a message to the F1 world that the company is standing squarely behind the team. The branding will on the car will increase.
Ben Anderson, Marketing Director, Johnnie Walker outlined that "Diageo and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes have agreed the terms of an extended sponsorship of the team by Johnnie Walker. The final agreement is expected to be concluded in the next few days. Over its first two years, the partnership has been a powerful platform to drive brand equity and deliver Diageo's responsible drinking messages and the extended sponsorship clearly demonstrates Diageo's resulting confidence in the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team as Partners for the future."

Guys,

I take a rather cynical view of F1.

As Briatore, Todt, and Dennis have all said, they are in the entertainment business. That means that they win or loose for the good of the business. Might be interesting to see if these three went out together for a beer after the event.

That's all I have to say.

Best
Dom

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The word is that Kazuki Nakajima will be racing for Williams in Brazil.
It is believed that the team is giving the youngster a chance and if he does well he could land himself a fulltime drive in 2008.

Back